Ginger's Boo Bash #4

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Still trying to decide on the date for Boo Bash Number 4....my daughter Kelsey was not happy that we had Boo Bash 3 on Halloween because that meant it conflicted with all her college parties. That was the first time that happened...BUT this year Halloween is ona Sunday and even the Saturday (the day before) will be booked solid....Can't do it the weekend before because of MU Homecoming sooooo.....maybe I'll shoot for Friday the 29th?? Oh dear ....things certainly get complicated....Anyway this is my thread for planning and scheming to pull of another GREAT BOO BASH!!!

:pumpkin:

Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Let's see....THEME IDEAS

Boo Bash One: Classic Halloween theme
Boo Bash Two: Witch's Kitchen theme
Boo Bash Three: Haunted House theme

WHAT will I have for Boo Bash Four.....hmmmm....

Halloween Monster Bash

The Witches Ball

Horror Movie Halloween

Vampires Ball

Creepy Creatures

A Ghostly Get Together....

:frankenstein:

WELL I am still considering....but hope to have a good idea by my Summer Backyard Bash...because that's when I announce the date and theme for Halloween.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll keep an eye on this thread. I love anything Halloween!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am really enjoying reading about the Halloween prep. Looking forward to "celebrating" with you all.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
How about "B" Horror Movie Halloween...that could be fun without too much gore!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Gingerbug -- I have a question. When you announce the theme -- does that help people figure out costumes? Or is it just to "get the magic going" and get people anticipating a great Halloween party?

And... are your parties close to Halloween? Or is any time in October OK?

I do lots of outdoor decorating for Halloween. Once, a friend and I organized a pre-Trick-or-Treat get together -- for parents going out with their kids on Halloween. But.... the parents all wanted to stay.... and the kids were anxious to get started Tick-or-Treating.... finally the kids started off alone.... and the parents felt guilty that they had been having so much fun that they ignored their kids.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Some times the announcement of the theme is to just get them to "save" the date...but often it sparks discussions about costumes to go with the theme....For our summer party the theme announcement is a must so people can plan costumes. People can come to either without a theme costume but most dress up.

We have had our party as early as Oct 18th....and as close as Halloween itself...it depends on Mizzou homecoming which unfortunately always seems to be the weekend before Halloween so we have to plan around that.

I have found that EVERYONE loves "dressing up" either in big or small ways!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What is the actual date for Halloween? I will be in the U.S until October 11th. I guess I will see a lot of Halloween stuff in the stores.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
October 31st is Halloween but stuff is in the stores more than a month before.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great. I will be interested to see what they have in stores, and what I can buy to bring back home. I sure my kids will love some of the candy.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay after some thought...the idea of a Witches' Ball is really growing on me...cause there are lots of creatures besides witches that could come to the ball...and we could have like a banquet table set up with the food and stuff....Hmmmm

:frankenstein:

Last edited:

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Ginger, I am hosting my second Boo Bash this year thanks to you and all the others on this site. I have not been around for months so I have to get things rolling. I have had a lot of family stuff going on and just working a lot. I just dusted off my Halloween notebook and am ready to plan.

I will probably do most of the same or similiar decor this year, but vary the food and games, prizes, etc. I did buy some new props on the day after Halloween last year.

However, my BIG thing this year is a second Halloween party. I am going to have a Witches Wing Ding for ladies only. Everyone must dress at least in black and full witch attire is requested. I got the idea from a some people last year on www.halloweenforum.com

Looking forward to all your info and advice along the way.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Katrina - You'll see a lot of Halloween while you are here. You'll also see a lot of Christmas, too as it's already creeping into the stores! When do you arrive? What places are you visiting?

Printersdevil - Love the thought of a Witches Wing Ding!

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ginger, I am hosting my second Boo Bash this year thanks to you and all the others on this site. I have not been around for months so I have to get things rolling. I have had a lot of family stuff going on and just working a lot. I just dusted off my Halloween notebook and am ready to plan.

I will probably do most of the same or similiar decor this year, but vary the food and games, prizes, etc. I did buy some new props on the day after Halloween last year.

P-devil, if I recall correctly, your party last year was quite a hit and oh-so creepy!! Please keep us posted about your plans!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ginger don't forget to keep us informed!
Printersdevil - we missed your posts!! I loved all your Halloween planning. Gotta get started on mine too. Off to check out that Halloween forum.

Flower Girl

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
A Witch's Ball sounds SO fun! I have never gotten in to Halloween (no kids) but I love the idea of it, and am looking forward to hearing all the plans!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Planning to go to some resale shops and see if we can find any "formal wear"....the good thing is with a witches ball.....it doesn't have to look super nice...it can be ratty and still fit the bill...perfectly...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ginger those owls are PERFECT!! I've been on the lookout for owls too, but I have one which my niece (and mom) made for me last year from papier maché & feathers. In H.Potter they have the 'owl post' and I'd love an 'owl post' corner for a H.Potter party theme.