Girl's Getaway....Camping~Need Ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Hi all!

This summer my girlfriends and I would like to plan a 2 day trip to my camp. I would like to plan an activity for us to do during our getaway. We'll probably head out on a Saturday, stay the night and return Sunday. We're planning potluck for dinner, maybe breakfast at a diner a few miles away, and have some spa type time....toes, nails, etc. I ordered some neat watermelon stuff to use from Avon for our feet. I was thinking maybe flip-flops and decorating them or something.

Any suggestions for a craft type project?

Thanks!
Lisa

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thank you for the ideas. Keep them coming! The watermelon punch sounds great! The flip flop album is too neat. :flower:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The flip flop album is on my Do To List but I have to finish some of my UFOs first.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Don't have a craft. But in my yay-me blog have a simple easy facial you ladies might enjoy:

http://yay-me-tricia.blogspot.com/

It's in the I Feel Like a Woman post.

Have fun

SarahW

MHH Member
Jun 18, 2008
This sounds like a wonderful idea.. You could try and do a scrapbook page each, this could then be framed and displayed at home as a reminder of your time away. I do like the idea of some spa time though, I love to have a little pamper me time.

let us know what you do.

Sarah x

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Here's some camp food ideas from the June issue of Country Home. Good sounding stuff...check out the banana choco tacos! Yummy!

I couldn't find this recipe on the website, but in the print issue there's a recipe for homemade gingerale! I love gingerale and this sounds super simple!

2 cups sugar
2 cups water
2 cups peeled fresh ginger, cut into coin size slices
ice
club soda
lime wedges
crystallized ginger pieces (optional)

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water and ginger. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until mixture is a think syrup consistency. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature, 2-3 hours. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve; discard ginger. Refrigerate syrup in an airtight container for up to one month.

For Gingerale:
fill glass with ice. Add 1/4 c. ginger syrup to glass and top with club soda. Garnish with lime wedges and crystallized ginger, if desired.

Doesn't that sound refreshing?? I'm planning on making some this weekend. What a unique "signature drink" for parties, get togethers and gatherings!

Have fun at your camp girls weekend. I wish I could join you, sounds like a blast!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Okay, flip flop album??? As a scrapbooker, it's ideas like this that make me thing...HOW THE HECK DID SOMEONE THINK OF THAT????? I'd never sit there and say..hmmm??? ya know, those flip flops I have in the closet would make a great album...hmm...how about a nice pair of undies or a bra...LOL

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT and thanks for the idea. I've bookmaked it for future reference, but it still makes me say hmm??? :slap:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Some people just look at the world a little different.