girls night in

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
This is what we are trying to do. We are trying to have girls night in once a month. We do potluck of some kind - it can be themed like mexican or bring something you have never made before. We are trying to taking turns each month as the husband and kids get kicked out.
Anyone else do this?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nope, but it sure looks like fun. A few of my friends did it for a while but it died down slowly. They made mexican suppers and parties.

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Sounds like such a good time. I do have something like this - we call it Book Club! We do read books and discuss them. And then we have some wine and discuss all sorts of other things for about 2 hours. ;-)

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I'm going to host a rudy craft night for a bunch of the girls who enjoy crafting! I wish I could invite more than a few but we don't have enough work space. :frown: I'm thinking of having White hot chocolate and making a new chocolate toffee cake recipe. Hoping DH will take the boys somewhere so I can have some estrogen time! :haha:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
When the weather is nice, the other women on the street and I will occassionally have a Margarita in the Circle Party. It is usually impromptu - someone just needs one because of the day they had and calls everyone else. That person provides the margaritas, everyone brings their lawn chairs and we meet in the cul de sac when the sun goes down. Love it! Sometimes we'll hang out there until the wee hours of the morning. :party:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yes, check out the Bunco Party thread in this section! We kick those guys right outa the house! :)

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
momof4 said:
When the weather is nice, the other women on the street and I will occassionally have a Margarita in the Circle Party. It is usually impromptu - someone just needs one because of the day they had and calls everyone else. That person provides the margaritas, everyone brings their lawn chairs and we meet in the cul de sac when the sun goes down. Love it! Sometimes we'll hang out there until the wee hours of the morning. :party:

I want to live in your neighborhood! LOL!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Scarlett, we LOVE our neighborhood!! In fact, when I was expecting baby#4 a few years ago, we decided a little bigger house would be nice. We only looked at houses in our neighborhood and ended up moving one street over - only about 500 feet as the bird flies!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
A "First Wednesday" night has started in our neighborhood.

Everyone brings a "substantial" hors"dourve - or a bottle of wine. And their own wine glass. We alternate houses and start at 6:00. (Although people pop in when they can.)

It is very open - anyone can invite anyone to join. It's lots of fun and no pressure. :party:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Sounds fun! have a good time.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Here it is again -- First Wednesday!!!!! The first Wednesday of the month --- and a chance to get together with friends in a totally relaxed, unpressured way. Purpose -- only to relax and getaway from all the obligations -- and have fun!!!

This is the monthly neighborhood "girls night out". Tonight, I am bringing taquitos -- have you tried them? Great party food. Frozen rolled up tacos filled with chicken or beef. Very delicious and easy to eat. And I will bring some nonalcoholic drink too. I love wine, but we always seem to have tons of wine and nothing nonalcoholic.

Anyway --- :pink: this is such a fun thing to do. I recommend it to everybody!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sparklenana, I did try the taquitos for christmas and it was a success!!

Good for you gals!! have fun!

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Sounds like fun! I do scrapbooking with a group one saturday a month so it's a beautiful thing! I'm totally jealous of the neighborhood margaritas! My neighborhood isn't hopping at all... It's a bummer! I would love to have that neighborhood!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am back home from the fun night out with the girls!!!

First of all - you just have to put the word out that there are no "rules". Anybody can invite anybody. It is a "self-selecting group" of people who like to have fun!!! And go out -- and eat -- and drink some wine.

People don't make it every single month. That is perfectly OK. People just show up when they can.

The conversation turns out to be really interesting. I don't know why that is -- because nobody is "trying hard". I guess it is just because people are so comfortable that they talk about things they really ARE interested in.

So -- we had a really wonderful and refreshing time. Next month, it will be at my house.

Oh -- And there is a CUT-OFF time. At 8:00 everyone turns into pumpkins and goes home. So nobody gets too tired.

Good night and sweet dreams!