Grocery list for Christmas 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Since Covid we have kept a little stock of most everything. When we take something from the basement stock room or freezer we put it on the list to get more.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Has anyone had trouble finding frozen pie crusts?

I hate admitting that I've never made them from scratch, but it looks as if I may have to. I have a homemade chicken pot pie recipe that I've always used store bought for. I like the taste of the Great Value brand and a brand from Brookshire's, but neither store has had any of any brand lately.

Edited to add:
I was going to buy a pre-made Graham cracker crust last week. I couldn't find those, either! I DO know how to make those, but was going for convenience!

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've never made them from scratch,
Me neither! Fortunately I've not had trouble finding them. In a pinch use a tube of biscuits - I can't make those either.

Reactions: missjane

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Has anyone had trouble finding frozen pie crusts?
I am still shocked by the shortages even 4 years into Covid19. Every week at the supermarket there seems to be something that I cannot find.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Since Covid we have kept a little stock of most everything. When we take something from the basement stock room or freezer we put it on the list to get more.
This is very wise. I certainly hold more stock on hand than I did previously. I do think I will 'struggle' with food insecurity for a while yet. You hear of people who hoard food after the great depression, I think I will be one of those.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I stock up on butter anytime it’s on sale. It freezes great. Not unusual for me to have 15 pounds tucked away.
I make my pie crusts so not sure if they are hard to find here or not. There used to be a box pie crust mix, I think Jiffy brand that mom and I both used that was good. That’s been years ago so don’t know if it’s still available or any good.
Food insecurity- have it here to. Slowly working restocking everything after the pantry challenge. Trying to be reasonable, but who knows what is not going to be available next week.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I agree about the food insecurities. I hear more and more people talking about food prices being too high and having to make changes to be able to afford groceries

Reactions: Ahorsesoul