Halloween Party for Teens

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
Hi Ladies! It's been forever since I last posted here, though I still lurk quite abit!

My dear son and his friends want to have a Halloween party at our house. They are seniors in high school and want one last Halloween party before they all go their separate ways in the spring when they graduate. (insert me crying here).

So I have the food covered, and we will be taking them on a "haunted" trail, but I need some games for them to play. I'm thinking about the "wrap the mummy" game but make them do it blindfolded! Does anyone else know of any fun games for teens?

Thanks!

Linda

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
a neighborhood scavenger hunt is good, if your comfortable with them doing that.

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
I agree that teens love to act like kids. I used to sponsor a Haunted House at the high school fall carnival every year. My high school students loved playing and dressing up. We also had a large school wide costume dance several years and they played games there, too. They loved the silly things like passing an orange from person to person while it was held under the neck. No hands are allowed in this.

They also had a riot with things like moving lifesavers down a yard stick with a toothpick in their mouth.

We also did the food testing thing where they were blindfolded and they had to taste things and try to identify them. I used a lot of baby foods and squishing things.

Below are some of the games that I will be using this year at my Boo Bash for adults. I think that teens would love the Winking Murder Game.

Witch Prickling Competition Game
Use an old dress makers dummy and put a ' devil's mark' on the dummy with a felt tip, then wrap the whole dummy in swathes of crepe paper, then as people arrive they will be given a pin with their name on it and be invited to 'prick the witch' - at the end of the night the witch will be carefully undressed and the person who's pin is closest to the 'devil's mark' will win a prize.

Make A Mummy Party Game
Divide into two groups (or three groups if it is a large Halloween party). Select one from each group to be the mummy. Give each group a roll of toilet paper. When you say "go" each group wraps toilet paper around the mummy candidate. The first group that empties their roll of toilet paper wins. You can also give a prize to the best wrapped mummy.

Winking Murder Game
Hand out the following as guests arrive. The first Congratulations printout ONLY goes to one person. Pick him or her carefully. They should be able to be discrete and not reveal their role during the night.

Print out for ONE Guest:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You are tonight’s murderer!!!
You have tonight’s easiest role!
Your job is to “kill” everyone at the party before the night is over. You will do this by winking one eye at them.
Be sly, cautious, & subtle. Everyone knows there is a winking killer on the loose. So, they may try to avoid eye contact with you.
Your victims will have 3 minutes, after being winked at/murdered, to die. Therefore, you have time to flee the crime scene, get a good seat, and enjoy watching them die…(they have a pre-determined death in their hands).
Let the killings begin!
Enjoy!

Everyone else receives a print out of this message. But note that EACH person should have a different pre-determined and assigned death written on their note:

BEWARE!!!
There is a winking killer amongst us!
Yes, you read correctly…winking! Before the night is over, the murderer will make eye contact with you and wink one eye. This means you have just been killed!
Your murderer has decided to end your life by:

HAVING YOU LAUGH YOURSELF TO DEATH!!! (each person will have a different death)

You will have 3 minutes to choose where you’d like to die…then…die.
Yes…we must see you die. Remember, the killer will not perform the action… that is your job! The killer will wink and expect you to complete the death. So, the more creative, dramatic, and visible the death…the better we will remember you by.
Once you have been killed, do not reveal the killer…or you will be very lonely on the other side.

I would obviously just do 1 murderer, and for the rest, i would print out several sheets, then just handwrite a different death for each one.
i put out about 3/4 of the papers WITH the murder one in there. Then as people continue to show up, i put in more deaths if i need to. That way i didnt have left overs and risk the chance for the murder one not to get chosen.

mommytotwo

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Apple bobbing...you could also split them into teams, and have them carve pumpkins with the winning team to win a prize-maybe movie tickets?

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
Thank you so much for those great ideas!!!!

I love the winking muderer. We are definitely doing the dress the mummy game, but are making them do it blindfolded!

We are also hanging a plastic trick or treat pumpkin from a tree limb and having them try and get a bean bag into it. However, the pumpkin is going to be moving!

I like the lifesaver on a yardstick game too...

Thanks so much for all your help! I knew I could count on y'all!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I love the Winking Murder Game!

When I was a teenager, we used to get together and watch the Rocky Horror picture show each year (complete with props), but if you don't like that movie, Young Frankenstein is a great one - very funny! I think your teens would enjoy it.

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Another great site for ideas is www.1halloween.net

This site has hundreds of pages and includes so many ideas.
I found several more games there that we are going to use. We are going to play a game called Tempt Your Fate, that I found on another forum, but I am going to use things found on the 1.halloween.net ). There will be an assortment of good fates and bad fates. Since some people may not want to participate in this type of game, it will be voluntary. Anytime during the night someone may choose to Tempt their Fate and draw a card. I have a spooky door knocker that will be attached to the bowl or container that holds the cards. I actually just found this today at Goodwill. It is new and is awesome. I just haven't figured out how get it to be a part of this game since it is actually supposed to be for someone to knock on the door by pushing the button. Then there is this eeirie knocking. I think it will be great for the game. I had considered putting the fates inside balloons so that guests could pop them to get their fate. I want to make sure that everyone know that someone is about to TEMPT THEIR FATE. The knocker is awesome for this because it is so spooky and everyone will hear it. (evil grin LOL)

WHen someone chooses to Tempt Their Fate, they will draw out a card with the appropriate fate. If they have a good fate, there will be an appropriate nice card letting them know that fate has smiled on them or some such jibberish and they they are able to be spared. They will receive a prize that is written on the fate card. If they draw a bad fate, they will have to do what ever is described on the card.

This is where I am going to merge the two games. I am using some great ideas from www.halloween1.net as bad fates. This website has the lyrics to many Halloweenish songs including "Addams Family", "Monster Mash", "Ghostbusters", "Bad Moon Rising", "Munsters Theme", several from "Rocky Horror Picture Show", "Flying Purple People Eater", "Thriller", and "Werewolves of London". If you draw one of those as a bad fate, you must sing the song on the karoake machine. I may relent and let them just sing in front of everyone. Other bad fates include some Halloween lyrics set to CHRISTMAS carols. LOL

Since some people would probably rather die than sing, there are also some other bad fates of things they have to do in front of everyone.

I think this is a great game that would really be loved by teens.

Check out all the homemade props in this site. it gives easy and cheap ways to make some really good props. ( hands coming out of graves, a person stuck in the ceiling, the crashed witch, ghoulish bride and groom, etc.

It is the best site I have found.