Has anyone else NOT sent their Christmas cards out yet?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yup, I admit it. I'm behind. Not terminally, but still, there are loose ends hanging all over the place. I haven't sent my Christmas cards yet! I have the stamps purchased, I have them all signed and the return address handwritten on the envelopes. BUT, I bought photo cards this year, and haven't taken a photo of the kids yet!! I still have to take the photo, get it copied, insert in cards, and address the envelopes (I know I should print out labels, but I like the look and thought of handwriting them better).

Just wondering if anyone else is as far behind the 8 ball on this one. . .

Mine have been done for a couple weeks now but I still have not gotten them out. I am trying to get a xmas picture of all 4 kids together. I was supposed to get it today but had to go to the hospital to see Grandmother. So hopefully tomorrow.

Debbie, flylady would be upset with me for procrastinating on the cards! ROFL!!

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
I also have not sent them out. I forgot a lot of people on my list- people to add. I have half of them done and stamped just need to finish up what I have left.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I haven't sent out my cards yet. I noticed I'm not getting to many right now either. It must be something in the air this year with cards. I'm not sending cards out to everyone that I usually do this year either. I'm just sending to the people I won't see much during the year. I don't have the time and it gets to expensive to do that. Yup this is cheap year for me. :frown:

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Mine aren't sent out yet either. I have everything I need and plan to assemble them tonight (perhaps while watching a good DVD) for mailing tomorrow. Not as early as I would have like but not as bad as some years where I was chasing the mailman on Dec 23. :haha:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
No, I haven't sent them yet. I wait until the week before Christmas.

Financially I am unable to send out cards this year. I am also behind on the "family photo" too. I wish I wasn't BUT I am!!

I am definitely going to "plan ahead" for next year!!! I have alot of note cards I bought last year on clearance so I will put some money away (each month) for holiday stamps for next year. I will not allow my EX to put me in the same position again. And to top it all off he decided to move from NY and follow me down to Florida-just what I need right now.....not lol!!! At least he is about 3.5-4 hours away and he doesn't have a car right now so that is kind of a bonus!!!

But golly what else can happen to me??? I will have to pray to God to really grant me the patience to deal with these new obstacles.

I just got mine in the mail today and will start addressing them tomorrow....that is if I am not too tired. DH is at the ER right now with chest pain. God help me if anything happens to this man. Anyway, my cards are delayed because we couldn't take the kids photo's until last weekend because my DS had a huge gash on his forehead from falling into the coffee table. The coffee table has been grounded and is now in the basement where I wanted it to be 10 months ago (bad coffee table). Stamps should also be here tomorrow.

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
Mine are addressed, but thats about as far as I made it! I was waiting on the pictures that I had taken with DH...have those back, now it's "the letter"...maybe next week after I'm out of school for the Christmas break - hahaha!
Think I might go back to sending "New Years" cards! :haha:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Connie Angela, Sending you wishes for strength to deal with dh problem. Let us know what happens.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Mine are ready for pic to go in and stamps- which DH said getting this weekend so will be out Monday?

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have not sent my Christmas cards yet. I have all the addresses in the computer and ready to print but have not. I have the picture taken (I think) but have not downloaded to the computer to see what it looks like yet. May have to take another one. I hope to get it done this week.

Christmas3
:package: :package: :package:

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
I sent out 100 cards by Dec. 1st, then have procrastinated on the last 40. My printer needed a new cartridge and I print the kids' picture at home so that is what caused me to get sidetracked. I have the cartridge now and just need to finish them today so I can finally cross that completely off of my list. Some years are just like that! Not perfectly to plan, but still absolutely fine. :smile:

Jingle Belle

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
Wow, that's a lot of cards!

Mine are not out yet. I ordered photo cards, which I've had for a while. Just haven't addressed the envelopes. Bought a pretty silver pen to do it with yesterday, so hopefully tonite I'll get it done. My big problem is that I lost my address list from last year, which had a lot of addresses handwritten on it. It's usually in my Christmas notebook, but I pull it out from time to time throughout the year when I need an address off of it. I guess it got misplaced one of those times. Shame on me!

So, I have a lot of the addresses, but I'm sure there will be a few I have to track down and people that I forget to send a card to.

I too am getting fewer cards than usual this year. Must be something in the air!

Well! DH is fine. He had a pulled muscle in his shoulder and thought it was a heart attack!

My stamps didn't show up until Saturday and when I went to mail some of them yesterday at the Post Office the box was FULL!! At 9 am in the morning!!

I have about 25 left to address and stuff so I hope to get that done today!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Connie Angela, I'm SO GLAD to hear that your DH is okay!! Better to be safe than sorry, especially where the heart is involved.

Yes, I heard that MONDAY was supposed to be the post office's busiest day of the season! I know there were lines of people at the one hour photo kiosks printing off pictures for Christmas cards (don't ask me how I know this). I, for one, am going to do my patriotic duty and send most of my cards today instead of yesterday :smile: . Hey, maybe I'll help the post office out even more, and send them out tomorrow :haha: