Help Christmas Crackers/Party Favor Ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CreativeChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin
I would like some ideas for either party favors or what to put in Christmas Crackers should I decide to go that route. Most of the people are adults so that needs to play into the ideas as well.

I keep going back and forth about this idea and I really need to make that decision soon.

Do any of you have an idea on how long it takes to do up the Christmas Crackers?

:welcome: TIA

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Small, scented votive candles wrapped in tulle
Little cello bag filled with a couple of very nice, gourmet cookies or truffles
Special ornament, maybe with the date or a Christmas message written on it with a paint pen
Hot cocoa cones, with or without chocolate spoons or chocolate dipped peppermint stick stirring rods

I've never made crackers, but the ones I've purchased always seem to have a tissue paper crown-type hat, a small fortune or saying printed on a slip of paper, maybe some wrapped candies and a small prize like a key chain or tiny toy. They're gorgeous on the outside, but I'm sure you could do a MUCH better job filling them!

On another thread in this same forum, Cathymac describes how she decorates her crackers and what kinds of things she puts into them, and others do, too. Check it out!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I always put peppermints (the round candies, not canes, although you could use the little mini canes) and Hershey's kisses. Hershey's has so many varieties of kisses now you can surely find something for everyone. I think I'm going to get 4 or 5 different kinds this year and pour them all in a large bowl and mix it up, then scoop them into the crackers. I've also stuck little tiny ornaments in them. I found mini jingle buddies-snowmen, of course! Hope this helps!! I've got about a dozen to make for Christmas Eve favors, but I'm thinking about making them for the boys' class favors, as well. It takes just a few minute to make them the way I do!! :package:

CreativeChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin
Thanks for all the help ladies! I looked around and thought of a few more ideas myself so I'll list them here to help anyone else that gets brain freeze, LOL! I haven't totally decided yet if I'll put individual names on the crackers or just have them with more general infant, kids, adult male, adult female.

Here is my current list of items or ideas:
foil wrapped candies and mints
little ornaments
stickers
parchment roll with joke
fun/festive shoe laces
stretchy gloves (those small cheap ones some people like)
wine glass charms
small magic tricks (ran across some at a party store)
pacifier (for the new infants)
mini-bottles of wine (found some cheap at the store)
mini-bottles bubble bath (found in my gift stash drawer)
snowman hacky sacks (found in gift drawer don't remember where they came from originally)
set of jacks
tea light candles
little maple syrup (little ones from Cracker Barrel)
mini-sharpie pens

Thanks again to all of you that helped with ideas and feel free to drop a note if you think one or more items aren't a good idea. ::eek:rnament: