HGP 2015 - Week 3 - Entryway/Foyer

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CheeryChick

Retire Member
Aug 16, 2011
Michigan
Wrapping up Week 3...
[ ] Make a holiday meal and add it to the freezer. **Going to make the ricotta cheese meatballs mentioned in the freezer cooking thread and also some Savory CrockPot Italian Chicken.
http://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com/ricotta-cheese-meatballs/
http://thefrugalgirls.com/2015/09/savory-crock-pot-italian-chicken.html
[ ] Buy two canned food items from the Thanksgiving menu. **Going to get the jellied cranberry sauce this week.
[ ] Organize an area to keep items for the Thanksgiving menu. **I usually set up a box or extra laundry basket in our spare bedroom/office/library to corral this sort of thing. Wish I had a walk-in pantry!

[/] Order Christmas cards and address labels (rolled over from Week 2). **My address labels from TinyPrints showed up a couple of days ago and they are CUTE. Very satisfied with my first-ever order from that company. I usually don't order Christmas cards online, but if I did the photocard thing, I'd probably use TinyPrints. Instead I pick them up in a store somewhere. I've been browsing them online in the hope of being proactive, but haven't come across anything I like yet.

Looking ahead to Week 4... The Master Bedroom. Oh boy, does it need work. :)
[ ] Sort items in dresser drawers. Only put back items that will be worn. **I'd like to clear out some space in the dresser in our guest room (I keep summer casual clothes in there). The dressers in our own bedroom are fine.
[ ] Sort jewelry box. I have some things that are not heirloom/special that I've just grown out of and need to go.
[/] Sort bedroom closet. We have a walk-in closet, and I did this for my own clothes during August before the school year started. I should probably sort the husband's side. :)
[/] Sort shoes. The shoes in my own closet are sorted, but I need to attack the closet near our foyer.
[ ] Start thinking about holiday clothing and cold weather clothing. I need a new winter coat for sure. I have preferred the wool pea coats for winter in the past, but I'm trying to decide if I can spring for a North Face one this year.
[ ] Wash windows.
[ ] Remove clutter.
[ ] Vacuum and dust.
[ ] Wash bed linens.
[ ] Add warm blankets to the bed. We're having a warmer start to autumn this year, so I think we're fine without our heating blanket just yet. I added a throw to the bed last week and that's just about right at the moment.
[ ] Wash pillows.
[ ] Make one batch of holiday goodies. Going to try making and freezing cookie dough.
[ ] Make a holiday meal and add it to the freezer.
[ ] Buy two canned food items from the Thanksgiving menu.
[ ] Make a list of any table and bathroom linens that need replacing before the holidays, and pick up a few each week. Oh, an excuse to go to HomeGoods? I don't mind if I do.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Once again CC that is quite a list.
I am not sure if I want to start something new this week or just revisit what I have done so far.