HGP - Feeding the Freezer

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
AuntJamelle- On freezing of the quiche- I have read that when you freeze things with an egg base, the eggs begin to get a strange consistency. That may be why they suggest only 2 weeks.

I'm loving this thread!!

Annie

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
AnnieClaus - Ahhh...ok that makes sense! So that tells me I could make ahead and freeze quiche for a specific holiday event within the two week time frame.

Usually I am looking to make and freeze items that could just be used "as needed" - but its good to know!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Aj the veggie kabobs look great. do they get soggy when you take them out?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
There are a few freezer alarms on the market; ours look like a small clock or maybe big mp3 player? It has a suction cup sensor that attaches to the inside of the freezer, and the device will emit a loud smoke detector sound if the freezer warms up to the degree you set.

the idea is it hopefully gives you enough warning before things start to thaw (or worse smell!)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
OK, update on the frozen veggie kabobs.

Thawed the bag overnight in the fridge and roasted them in the oven at 350 then finished up under the broiler for a few minutes.

They might have been a little softer than if I had made them fresh, but overall it turned out a success!

:)