HGP it is!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
After using Christmas Countdown for the past 2 years (which I loved), I've decided to give Holiday Grand Plan a whirl this year, partly because I fell in love with the nutcraker on the new forms (thanks CEO!!). I've printed out all the forms and read through the plan, and even though I'm slightly overwhelmed, I'm excited to give it a go. I moved into a condo this spring and did a lot of purging before I moved out of my house and a lot of deep cleaning before I moved in here. So I'm thinking this might be my "practice" year.

For those of you have done HGP before, any advice for a novice??

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Just take it slow, and know that even if you only get to a bit of the lists - it is so much better then doing nothing :rudolph: Celebrate what you do accomplish.

I love the nutcracker too!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Cmerth - if you decide that your house does not need the housecleaning portion, could you PLEASE come and stay with me for a while? There is PLENTY of housecleaning to go around here! :haha:

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I posted this in the other thread, but wanted to post here too! I'm really hoping to stick with the Plan this year. Last year I printed everything out, but didn't start a notebook, so I wasn't diligent in looking it all over. BUT this is a new year! I'm going to work on a notebook this weekend and hopefull will be ready to start. I don't have a lot of the rooms in the plan (ie, dining room, 2nd bathroom, guest bedroom) so I will just continue working on the previous week's room, which will be great as I will have extra time!

I'm psyched, as I may be putting my house up for sale so this will help tremendously!! I'm hoping to have my decluttering done by the time the Plan starts also!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I have decided my house needs one more decluttering session.

We had a party this weekend at our home and it was an eye opener for both hubby and I. We found nook and crannies that needed help that I had not noticed before---mostly in the kitchen We either "still" have too much stuff or need to reshuffle a few things around. For example: the toaster needs a new home. It is also almost time for the coffee maker to come back out again (cool mornings will be soon here).

Kiddo also has stuff that he no longer plays with... we need to make another donation box.

I don't think I will need to "attack" all of the rooms but there are a few that need some TLC.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm excited to get started too!

DH hung up a pretty red wooden swing on our front porch this weekend and when I was out there swinging I was looking around and thinking ahead to Front Porch week!

It's gonna be here before I know, I am sure!

sallyj08

MHH Member
Feb 5, 2008
I'm going to give the HGP my all this year. Both kids are in school full time for the first time this year, so I'm going to have a nice stretch of uninterrupted time every day. I can't wait to start!