HGP Week 14, Holiday Decor

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Week 14: Nov. 30 - Dec. 6, 2014
Decor is central to Week Fourteen at the Holiday Grand Plan: it's Decorations Week!

The holiday season is here, so we'll bring it home this week, organizing holiday decorations and decor storage.

In holiday prep, the Christmas tree makes an appearance as we complete holiday decorating. Are gift packages ready for mailing? It's time!

Ready? Let's get organized with Decorations Week at the Holiday Grand Plan!

Deep Cleaning/Organizing Area:

Holiday Decorations and Storage
Holiday Decorations checklist

Holiday Prep:
  • Decorate house and yard for holidays.
  • Have a craft day for children.
  • Prepare all packages for mailing and mail this week and next. Mail all overseas cards.
  • Plan a caroling evening or other social family evenings.
  • Procure and water the Christmas tree!
  • Order turkey.
  • Are we having the company Christmas party? See checklist.
  • Read "The Polar Express" aloud to kids.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
It is finally here! December is tomorrow!

Bringing down the outside lights and garland this morning, switching out the older LED lights with some new red and green that we found this year for half price. Much brighter! The down lights on the porch are bright blue (my boys colours - green, red, blue)

Date is still a little 'debated' on when we will pick up our tree, a visit to the tree farm.

Advent candles are out, and this years prayers printed.

Nut bowl is oiled and placed on the side table, filled with an assortment of holiday nuts in their shell.

Wreath on door, and mantle greens hung!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
All decorating is done here too :)

And I made my fudge today.... desserts are all done :) Fridge & oven have been cleaned and floors mopped

Will have to buy some US stamps this week and still some more shopping to do. 50% is done and wrapped.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I haven't been around much, but I have been making progress. We even had a mini-Thanksgiving dinner last Thursday after work, roast turkey and all.

This week, I am concentrating on getting the overseas parcels finished and presents for our siblings and parents finalised and wrapped, to bring down home this weekend (we're staying in our own house for Christmas this year so our last trip "home" is this weekend).

I don't think we'll decorate until next weekend, 13th, as too much on before then. But decluttering is not bad, cleaning is ok, I got a lot of the "ought to do" jobs and checks done (smoke alarms, cleaning washer and dryer filters, washing both washing machine and dishwasher, that sort of thing). And I have 4 home cooked dinners frozen, as well as the makings of another 2/3 easy ones. I am working on making a bit of freezer space this and next week, to save big grocery shopping needs (the stores are gone manic this year already) and make space for nibbles and turkey leftovers and yummy Turkey stock.

This week though, apart from gifts, I need to concentrate on filling in an application form for promotion interviews. Our hr section just love to ruin christmas for senior people who want to progress, it's the 3rd time in 5 years that forms have come out just before Christmas, and worse this year is that interviews are early January! Oh well. I have to play ball if I want to go up...

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I pulled out our artificial tree and DH put it up, decorated it today. :tree:

Went through all my boxes and cannot locate my two younger sons stockings! Need to send DH back up to the attic tomorrow and see if they are mixed up in another 'holiday' box.

Found 4 sets of LED lights that I am thinking to add to the top of the rafters in the open porch, will not really be visible but will add a 'glow' down on the unlighted decor (such as the red pillows on the chairs and the urn arrangements) at night.