HGP Week 15,

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We're finished ... maybe.

That's why Week Fifteen, Finish-Up Week, is devoted to finish-up tasks.

It's now or never, and the season is here. In the house, we'll tend to any undone chores, bonus areas, or final preparations.

In holiday prep, the season enters full swing this week. We'll finish mailing packages and cards, and prepare for the final stretch to the holiday.

Ready? Let's get organized with Finish-Up Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!

Deep Cleaning/Organizing Area:

Finish-Up Week
Finish-Up Week checklist

Holiday Prep:
  • Mail rest of packages and all cards

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
y is it, the closer to the end I get, I feel soooo far behind.... lol just can't seem to get ahead...

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Completed local cards this morning - and they are mailed out tomorrow with packages.

Tomorrow I will pick up the last three items on my shopping list (three games for the boys) and the edible treats (chocolate, jerky...) for the stockings. Wrap all before the boys get home from school or day programs.

I still have three parcels to come - an iPad mini from Apple online store, and two parcels of clothes items from Marks. Once they arrive I can wrap and be done!

So far things are going okay! HAD planned on doing some baking today - but a stomach bug is keeping me far from the kitchen (yep I do not cook if I am ill, decreases the spread of anything I bring home from the schools I work in to my family)

We have our Christmas staff meeting on the 19, and that will be my final 'work' day before the Christmas break and until the New Year.

Now, if it would just snow!:snowball:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great work HE.

I mailed my cards this week too. I got my chicken cubes, cut in pieces and in the freezer (to add to some recipes during the Holidays and for the chicken sandwiches)
Wrapped more gifts. still have a few things to buy but I'm getting there. Today I made some Magic Santa keys (pic on my blog).

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm trying to get in gear this week! I finally started wrapping - GASP - and got all gifts to be shipped ready to go, with shipping boxes picked out, labels made, etc.

Now I just need to bake cookies from the dough in the freezer, fill the tins, add those to boxes and ship! Thinking maybe this Thursday night/Friday for baking and ship on Saturday morning.

I'll finish up Christmas cards tomorrow and mail as soon I as I can get Christmas photo of DS printed/picked up to slip inside. But having the photo taken is 80% of the battle! lol

I'll work on wrapping our gifts as possible this week. But I still have shopping left to do for DH which I plan for lunch breaks this week as well.

Lots to pull together!

Plus I'm making most of the meal for a birthday lunch for my MIL and BIL this weekend. SIL is making lasagna but I am bringing cheesy garlic bread, Cranberry Gorgonzola Salad and cheesecake!

Busy days! Plus I need to get their gifts still! YIPE! Off to work on my list!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got the Christmas cards filled out and mostly addressed - realized that 3 different families on my list moved in the last month or so! Working on getting those new addresses now!

Also ordered and picked up Christmas photo of DS to slip inside the cards.

Did a little Christmas shopping on lunch today too.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Awesome!

Still waiting for two shipments of orders (one for DH and the other of boys clothes) everything else is checked off my list!

First snow day today, wrapped the last of what I had upstairs and double checked our lists.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I got the Christmas cards mailed! Finally!

And I've completed 99% of my shopping - with the exception of picking up gift cards today on lunch.

I'll pick up cookie dough from MIL's freezer on way home from work and start baking tonight - finish up tomorrow - get everything ready to ship and do that Sat morning.

Then I'll do some more baking at the end of my weekend so that I can bring in a couple big trays of cookies for co-workers next week.

I do still have all our wrapping to do for gifts not being shipped but will start to hit that hard this weekend.

Still working on crafting felt food for DS but I've got enough done at this point that I'm not feeling any pressure. He'll have enough - anything else I get done between now and Christmas is just a bonus!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
only gifts left to wrap will be delivered this week for ds. shopping is done! wrapping almost finished. cards mailed
reviewed my timeline... and have my to-do cooking list ready for next weekend... mostly stuff to assemble casseroles during the week between christmas and NY's eve.