HGP Week 3 - Entry/Foyer Week!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This morning, I am here to give everybody a pep talk! Stick With The Plan!!! It does not matter HOW much you do -- anything you do now will help SO MUCH!

How do I know this?

Because, tomorrow is my Christmas party. And that ONE thing is so much work and so much pressure! If I were still working on gifts and cards and decorating this weekend -- well, it would be too much pressure!

Make it easier on yourself. Do stuff now! :sleigh:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This is our Entry/Foyer Week! Boy, am I glad I cleaned this area out earlier this week!!! And - it is supposed to be 80 degrees today, for my Christmas brunch! I do not think anybody will wear a coat! But - just the thought of somebody looking into the coat closet before I emptied it out --- not pretty!

(As you know, none of the guests know that this is my Christmas party today. They were all invited for Brunch. I just love to entertain at Christmas -- so this is the Christmas entertaining!)

The house is very small, with small rooms! But there is lots of room outside, and lots of lawn furniture! PLUS - room for the children to run (and scream outside). I am going to put a table with the kinds of party food that children love - outside!!! Is that too obvious? (You can probably tell that none of the children coming today are my own grandchildren.)

I am also realizing that the Christmas tree takes up a lot of room in the living room. It is better to do this big party without the tree and other decorations.) Yes - this is much, much better than waiting for an icy cold night in December! (Although I do hope I will get invited to lots of Christmas parties in December! It just doesn't work for me to GIVE parties in December. Family gatherings are a different thing, of course!)

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
I hope your brunch goes well!

The door is painted and boy is it red. It looks so much better. Who ever painted the door before used a brush and you could see every brush mark. It had rust spots and everything, they only used one coat of paint so it wasn't the best protection. I have before pics I'll post them when the door is hung back up and I get some good after pics.

I hope everyone is doing well!

wantabe

Retire Member
Jan 11, 2008
Southwest Georgia
Well, due to a trying week with a family emergency (things may be ok-still not sure)-I did not get anything done on the Entry this week. I don't have much to do, so I will add it to this week (or some other week if needed). I did get the kitchen cleaner than normal-although not as much as I will on kitchen week! I don't feel too bad about not getting the Entry done, so I am not ready to give up quite yet!!

goldenqueenalicia

Retire Member
Jul 16, 2008
Ok, here's my update

front porch and back deck completely cleaned
living room completely cleaned
family room completely cleaned
desk cleaned and organized
scrapbooking area half way done
sewing/art studio half way done
foyer completely cleaned

still working on christmas card list
finalizing travel plans (october trip, family trip in december, other family trip in december, boot camp graduation in november)
finalizing holiday parties (cookie exchange, christmas day,thansgiving,2 b-day parties,black and white ball, work x-mas party)
set up food drive box and have 2 soon to be 4 cans in them done
have extra baking supplies done
have 2 sugar cookie dough frozen done and have butter candy cane cookies dough formed and frozen done
have all supplies for holiday crafts now just need to work on them
have good start on holiday gifts buying (need to finish wrapping them and update master list)
have internet order list updated
have christmas binder done and using (maybe will make a more portable one)

well thats all I can think of for now

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
I am trying to get caught up on all the threads that I have missed since I have been off the boards. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!!!!

I WILL GET CAUGHT UP!!!
I WILL GET CAUGHT UP!!!
I WILL GET CAUGHT UP!!!

CHRISTMAS3
:help: :help: :help: