Holiday Crafting

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ love them all. :applause:

I haven't even picked up the cross stitch for my mom. I need to get this done since this is her christmas gift with just a bear that I picked up that she collects. I have other things that I want to get done after this is completed

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Moving right along . . .
Felted Clog #2 is now a WIP!
Continuing to work on
Cats Cross-stitch
Have 3 rows of squares sewn on the LWR Quilt (6 to go then sew rows together)
Cards are at a standstill until DH gets his rear in gear
Still gathering supplies needed for
Pinecone Firestarters

Thanks for all the good words! Hope you're all making lots of progress, too. Just remember that I am retired, so I don't have to go to work like I assume most of you do!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
That jingle roller sounds like fun. Maybe I'll see if our cat would like it. Then I could make one or two for DD's cats.

4 rows completed on the
LWR Quilt at this point.

All knitting on the
clogs is done. Need to sew the bottoms up then decide if I can start the felting now or if I have to wait for DD to open them on Christmas morning.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I finally sat down and worked on my moms cross stitch for an hour last night while watching Great American Band.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Oh dear . . . I have added something new: Moebius Scarf for DD (time permitting) http://tinyurl.com/29cmqz

Hope to finish up the
LWR quilt top tomorrow.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Hi all-

Nothing on the afghan yet.... DH cleaned out in front of our bedroom closet & now it's my turn to clean out the craft stuff in the bottom & off the shelf. Here's hoping that the cross stitch ornaments are in there & not my attic!!

HAGD
Tina

txgal

Retire Member
Nov 11, 2007
Texas
Here's my list of crafts to be completed by mid-December:

{} yo-yo garland for small Christmas tree
{} quilted ornaments
{}altered clipboards for teachers' gifts
{} Christmas cards - I hope to get a good pictures of DSs at Thanksgiving

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Well I bought my sister products for curly hair as a Christmas gift but today she got me to cut her hair super short! So... She gave me 2 bra's that don't fit her -or me and I'm going to make her a purse out of one of them for Christmas! One for her and one for me actually! They are really pretty now so they shouldn't need a lot of decoration-I'll have to post a pic when I get them done! Sigh... one more project! :slap:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
*LWR Quilt Top [DONE!]

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've done a few things today . . . got the Kisses for the Whisks (will be doing 12+ of them) . . . printed the tags for the Whisks . . . got the candy for the 2 Advent Calendars, divided them up and put them in pretty bags . . .

Shopping list:
*yarn for cowl (1 skein)
*leather pads for felted clogs (and ask at yarn shop about pre-felting)
*cash to attach to Whisks

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jackfrosty ~ Way to go! The purse is great. Can you show us yours when they're done?

Our weather is stormy . . . :rain:

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
DJ- Congrats on finishing the quilt top!

Jack frosty- a purse from a bra?? sounds interesting......

I only got about 45 minutes done on the afghan in the last week.... life as usual.....

HAGD
Tina

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm starting to feel some pressure, so I think I should focus on finishing up the little details and NOT adding more! Today I made some Cranberry Hootycreeks in a jar to have on hand for hostess gifts. I've also begun baking/freezing Christmas cookies.

FOCUS . . . FOCUS . . . FOCUS! :rudolph:

I bought yarn today for DD's cowl. Love the colors in it (for her)! I also ordered the leather sole pads I need for the felted clogs and called the yarn store where I got the pattern to ask them about pre-felting. They said I could do that and finish the sizing when DD opens them, so I plan to do that. I'll probably procrastinate for a while, since I've never felted before.

FOCUS . . . FOCUS . . . FOCUS! :rudolph:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I'm with you, DJ! The further into the countdown, the more balls I feel like I have in theair! Gotta take one thing at a time!
I finished sewing the purses together, now I need to go get some danglies and fru-fru's for them! Tomorrow I hope!
I'd like to get some cookies done and frozen, but I have to get my Christmas cutters out.