Host a Pancake Party!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I've been invited to a Pancake Party on February 12 to celebrate National Pancake Day! We'll be starting out at her house for a reading of "If You Give a Pig a Pancake," a craft and play time. After that, we'll be heading to IHOP for a early lunch of FREE Pancakes. We're hoping by going at that 11ish time that IHOP will not be QUITE as busy. It will be packed most of the day, I'm sure.

Anyways, I think it sounds like a ton of fun! Wanted to pass that on, in case anyone else wanted to host their own Pancake Party!

~Laney :)

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
We ate at IHOP this past Sun. Got the all you can eat pancakes that day. Noticed they would be having FREE pancakes all day the 12th. Bet they are busy.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
It's my day off so we will definately be eating pancakes (my dds favorite!) Not sure if do IHOPS they will be very busy- maybe I will invite her BF for sleepover Monday night. I will have to find our "Give pig a pancake" book and maybe check more out at the library.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Terrylee, I hope your hubby gets better!

It'll be pancakes for supper for us, too! Maybe it'll be a good excuse for me to buy that big electric griddle I've been wanting! My pancakes always come out looking a little funny from my nonstick pan.

Thank You Holiday Joy....I am sure he will be fine. But....look what I found. My mother in law gave me a cookbook Top Secret Recipes and IHOPS Country Griddle Cakes are in there. There is also the Ihop Harvest Grain N Nut pancakes.

IHOP COUNTRY GRIDDLE CAKES

NONSTICK SPRAY
1 1/4 CUPS ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
1 1/2 CUPS BUTTERMILK
1/3 CUP INSTANT CREAM OF WHEAT (DRY)
1 EGG
1/3 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
1 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
1 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
1/4 CUP VEGETABLE OIL
1/2 TEASPOON SALT

1. PREAHEAT SKILLET OVER MEDIUM HEAT. APPLY NONSTICK SPRAY.
2.COMBINE ALLL INGREDIENTS IN A LARGE BOWL WITH MIXER SET ON MEDIUM
SPEED. MIX UNTIL SMOOTH, BUT DON'T OVERMIX
3. POUR THE BATTER BY 1/3 CUP PORTIONS INTO THE HOT PAN AND COOK
PANCAKES FOR 1 TO 3 MINUTER PER SIDE OR UNTIL BROWN. REPEAT WITH REMAINING BATTER.

MAKES 8 TO 10 PANCAKES