House + Holidays Plan 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Today is the big day!!!

The start of the new and improved House + Holidays Plan for 2012!!

Are you excited!!!

I am!!

I have been printing some of the great new forms that CEO has put up at

http://christmas.organizedhome.com/

and making lots of notes to ensure another happy and organized Christmas.

Let's get started!!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks for the links Mel. A bit hot here but nevertheless I'll make lists & lists so that I can start as soon as it gets cooler.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My desk area is in desperate need of organization. So here's my goals for the week:

( ) sort/shred papers
( ) find a place to put away jewelry and nail polishes that have been sitting on my desk for weeks.
( ) find some kind of system to hide all the computer and cable cords under my desk.
( ) purchase a new filing cabinet

Holiday Prep:
( ) spend a few minutes each day prepping.
(X) set up Christmas notebook
( ) browse for decorating ideas. I've gathered lots of ideas on my pinterest board.
(X) make holiday budget
(X) begin master gift list. List has been done for some time. Just need to start gift shopping.

ETA: Work on questions.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Aggy if you do find a great way to hide the computer cords, please let us know :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Here is my list for the week:

Declutter my file box

Complete Family Values worksheet

Establish a budget

start a Master gift list

File box won't be too bad because I did it in January. Establishing a budget won't be fun as no money was put into my Christmas account all year - yikes.

Master gift list - I am trying to get some ideas from the kids, but they keep changing their minds. ARGH!!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I've done all of the reading assignments. I've decided to take it a bit further and printed out each "Inspiration of the Web" articles, which CEO has kindly made available in a nice print format. This got me to thinking about my Houseworks Book, and the fact that the small print is very difficult for me to read with my poor vision, as well as having to go find each section to read when that particular week rolls around. I sat here and typed out this weeks designated reading section into a Word Document, in large print, and will include this in my Holiday Notebook Planner for next year.

Yes, I know her new book is coming out in November but I'm sure that all of the wonderful advice and guidance in this current book won't be lost or simply discarded from the plan so I'll just add to what I've got at that time.

Whew, thank God I type 94 wpm and she includes lots of pictures or I would have been here all day. LOL However, as many times as I've read this book over the years it's amazing that for me rewriting each and every word seems to have brought new things to life that I just didn't remember seeing before.....or it could be that CRS (Can't Remember Squat)setting in.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I am ready to go! My work is cut out for me this week. After being gone all summer my desk is piled in paper! Kids go back to school on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to digging into it.

1. Sort through 14" stack of mail.
2. Check my Christmas list on old computer.
3. Go to Apple Store and have them put Excel on my new Mac (they'll love that) since after several months, I just can't seem to live without it. Plus my Christmas lists are in Excel!
4. Pull out the directions to the high speed scanner and start making paper go away.
5. Check holiday address labels. I think I might be out.
6. FlyLady housekeeping. Trying hard to pace myself and focus instead of trying to get it all done at once (and burning myself out). Very hard for me and the house is in desperate need of attention after being gone. Remember Bewitched? All she had to do was wrinkle her nose and it would be all clean! Okay, I'm dating myself.
7. Find Houseworks book. Wonder if it is out on e-book?

So what is new and improved about the Houseworks plan? Did I miss something? (Hopefully not something completely obvious?) -- Are you referring to the website? It looks great!

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am off to a pretty good start this week.

I have:

- made the promise!!
- set up my notebook
- created a Christmas planning activity center
- completed the Family Values worksheet
- decluttered my file box

I have the master gift list and budget to work on.

I saved the best for last. :D :D :D :D

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Made a real big dent in the paper yesterday. Will post this weekend as to how far I got on Week 1. The 14" stack of mail is down to 2" of to-dos. The rest is sorted, filed or toss. Also made new files with typed plastic tabs on hanging files. Much neater!

Hoping to get the scanner going today.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I got my desk area nice and clean. Still haven't solved the massive cord pile under my desk. My makeup and nail polishes are temporarily being housed in my hall closet. I have them neatly in a drawer organizer waiting to be put into a permanent spot. My necklaces are right now hanging off the headboard of my bed. I bought two wire racks with hooks from the dollar store that I will attach to the wall behind the bedroom door. Necklaces will be hung nice and neat and out of site.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I was able to get everything on my list done. Yay me!!

I have my budget in place and some ideas on my master gift list. I will be paying close attention to things the kids mention and write them down.