how do YOU decorate your scrapbook? # embellishments, etc?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
It depends on how motivated I am! ;-) I use borders, stickers, some 3-d stickers by Jolee, cut outs, and some embellishments. Right now I'm working on a NYC memory album from my trip in the fall and am using a variety of papers and stickers.

Lisa

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
I don't use many borders (but I probably would like that look), but I do use embellishments. Most of mine 3-d. I love anything that makes the pages pop.

Santa Elf Eddie

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
My Mom works at a scrap booking store called the scrapyard. SO i get ALL KINDS of scrap booking stuff for 80% off. My notebooks are pretty basic though. The key is of course organization as well as an open mind. I am always adding extra pages to my scrapbook so you might want something (like a binder) where you can insert pages.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Do you think your Mom will adopt me?LOL!
I go with my mood! Sometimes I like to just use the ready made mats and a quote-very clean and simple-and sometimes I use ribbons and hinges and brads and whatever use I can get my hands on! I like the look of both styles! Simpler is definitly less expensive!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
It all depends with me too. I usually try to keep it pretty simple - plain cardstock, a sticker or embellishment or two. I have so many different ones I'm trying to keep up with, I don't usualy have the time to get too fancy with new techniques. I prefer to give the space to journaling, especially in my kids' scrapbooks.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I keep buying cute things but I've never really scrapbooked. They want to start a group at work during lunch in February. ¸Gonna try this for sure!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yes, all of the above. The only thing so far I haven't tried is the clear plastic albums. Can't wait to try them when I have some time and extra money.

I've done a scrapbook with just photos no other decorations (was my grandmother's album that I had to take apart) to fully altered scrapbooks. Love it all. There really are no rules to scrapbooking. It's very personal and people have strong feeling about the "right" way it should be done.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I, too agree with all of the above. Over the last few years my style has changed to simple. I go with my mood at the time, time available and what I am working on most definately. I do a lot more embellishments for the GC albums than for the one for DH. As long as you are enjoying what you are doing and you are pleased with what you are doing...that is what it is all about. :jumpinghearts:

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I started with using everything I could find and buy.....and my pages didn't make me happy. I've changed to simple and basic, with something special on the page to highlight the photos, and I'm much happier!

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Do you know a site where I can learn scrapbooking from the beginning? I need a site with challenges - step by step. Never done this before and there were some great ideas on the Net, but I 'm not sure how to start. Here we have a lot of basic coloured paper and slowly they start with theme paper. I like the size from 12 x 12, it is hardly to get here - the most we have is DIN A4 (29,5 cm x 21 cm). Do you guess if it is nice to create a scrapbook with A4 paper? It´s only place for 3 pictures on it

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Basket said:
Do you know a site where I can learn scrapbooking from the beginning? I need a site with challenges - step by step. Never done this before and there were some great ideas on the Net, but I 'm not sure how to start. Here we have a lot of basic coloured paper and slowly they start with theme paper. I like the size from 12 x 12, it is hardly to get here - the most we have is DIN A4 (29,5 cm x 21 cm). Do you guess if it is nice to create a scrapbook with A4 paper? It´s only place for 3 pictures on it

Here are a couple of links you might want to look at.

http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=593

I especially like number 8 in the above list

http://www.craftbits.com/viewCategory.do?categoryID=SCR

HTH

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Thanks, girlsinmo, for the links. I will have a look at this sites tomorrow.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes, my are basic, simple, but fun. I don't have a lot of 3-D only because I'm too cheap. ;-)

I do like stickers and I have some old Creative Memories idea books that I got at a used book store and so I draw borders and add stickers.

::eek:rnament:

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
jampss said:
Yes, my are basic, simple, but fun. I don't have a lot of 3-D only because I'm too cheap. ;-)
I do like stickers and I have some old Creative Memories idea books that I got at a used book store and so I draw borders and add stickers. ::eek:rnament:

Works for me, jampss. Thanks for sharing. Will have a look in our library. (but I suspect there aren`t such a great assortment of that - but perhaps I'll get other ideas there)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh, yes, a library is a good starting place. Surprisingly, ours has some good Idea Books, too!