How Do You Rest?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Rest is hard to come by in my home. I do try to take a 30 minute "refresh" nap during the day. Haven't been able to in a while now though.

Now that the weather is warm enough, I'll start reading on the porch again, something I truly enjoy!

I use computer time as "rest" time.

My coffee time of a morning is extremely restful for me. I get up a couple hours earlier than my DH so I can enjoy "my time". I take this time to plan my day.

Jeez, as I read this, I realize I NEED some rest!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Back in the single days..prior to being married 4 years ago...when my daughter would be gone and off somewhere for the weekend, I'd stay in my pj's, scrapbook, watch movies all day and maybe order chinese. Man..I could do that from morning to night and not worry about anything. That doesn't happen much anymore. I always feel like my house is out of place or something has to be done, so I keep busy. But I do make sure that I get to at least 2 scrapbook retreats a year. Funny how I come back exhausted though and think it's relaxing time. Sometimes scrapbooking can mentally be draining..seriously..all that thinking, planning, deciding and creating is exciting, but draining at the same time.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Oh...one more thing. I'm so into naps. I love naps and not afraid to take one when I feel I need it. Sometimes those Sunday afternoon naps are 3 hours...Then I hear the knock on my bedroom door asking...Are you going to get up any time soon and cook dinner??? ;-)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Minnieco - I loved hearing about your weekends of pure relaxation -- and ordering Chinese food! If you live in an area with a restaurant that delivers --- man o man --- that is my idea of heaven!!!!!

And the leftovers - yum!!!!

I think there is something about living with someone of the opposite sex (in a loving relationship) that for some reason makes that kind of relaxation impossible! Or maybe it is living with anyone you love - like your child. "Responsibility" sets in. All the things you - and they - "should" do.

Maybe that is why it is so relaxing for women to get away to a hotel for a night - away from all the responsibilities at home.

Well, we can't get away from the responsibilities all the time. But we Can get Chinese food SOMETIMES! :pink: