How Early?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Magnolia

MHH Member
Nov 27, 2007
How early do you start your Christmas baking? Do you make anything ahead that freezes well?

Shirl

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I do all my Christmas baking the week before Christmas.

Magnolia

MHH Member
Nov 27, 2007
I think that's what I'm going to do this year, MrsSoup. I'm trying to plan to have everything else done and just save that last week for baking.

Do you freeze anything you bake or does it last in airtight containers?

Shirl

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I start baking my breads, cookies and such in October. Other foods, casseroles, etc I will start making in mid-late Novemeber and through Christmas.

My poor husband only gets to eat the really good foods during the cooler months. :haha: I hate cooking in the kitchen when it's blistering hot outside.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Lulu and Dreamer....

You're welcome! I'm glad you find them useful.

:grin:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I tend to wait until December to do my Holiday cooking.

:flower:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I usually take the Friday off like a week before Christmas and then bake and make candy all week-end. Should say we ---the family helps. Then I try to get the trays out on that Sunday and take a huge one to work so it can be ate on all week. My neighbor will start in late October -- early November and freezes them.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I break up my baking. I will do small batches in Nov and in the Dec and then do a 2 day bakefest sometime the week before Christmas. The small batches are so we have fresh cookies to have on hand and then alot that I makde during my bakefest gets put into the goodie baskets that I hand out.

jackfrosty said:
I'm so excited about the cookie ingredient bags that Christmas Creations is helping us with for CIJ! A jump on holiday baking already! Who would've thought?! :party:

Thank you jackfrosty!! I am very excited on doing the DIBS (dry ingredient bag setup) with everyone!!! This has truly helped me out the past two years and not just during the holidays. I always have my banana bread bags ready for when I get ripe bananas and it is easy as 1,2,3 to make and bake them!!!

Those of you not knowing about the DIBS, the introduction was greatfully setup by Ginger in our Christmas in July forum
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=2691

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thank you soooo much for the recipes. I am always looking for good cookie recipes. Can you leave the baked goodies out or do they need to be refrig. at night. I have recipes that I do but some of them need to be refrig. at night so I am afraid to put them on a goodies tray and send them to his work.

Thanks!!!!!

Christmas3
:grin: :grin: :grin: