How many trees????

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

mommyby3

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2007
Beautiful North Carolina
How many trees do you put up in your home??
I have a 7ft in our living room--all our ornament fro over the years
3 ft in the kitchen--gingerbread theme
3 ft in master bedroom----sports theme
3 ft in boy's room---it changes sometimes hot wheels,or sports
3ft in DD room----it's pink with nutcrakers on it
2 ft in bath---snowmen theme
2 ft in laundry room---red and green theme

That's one in every room in the house.

How bout you??? :confused:

Debbieoz

Retire Member
May 21, 2008
Rural Kansas
We have 10 ft in the great room, 7 foot in master bedroom, 5 foot in quilt studio, 2 foot on table for me, 2 foot on table for dh, 2 foot in each of the kids rooms. :tree:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
It depends on whether we are staying put or travelling for the Christmas period. If we are staying put, I get a real tree for the living room - usually about 7 foot (last year we put it in the new sunroom so I could have an 8 footer - may do that in future years again!!).

If we are travelling, I get the 5 foot fake out of the attic (and the year that DD was 1, we had it out as well) and put that in the sitting room. I really prefer having a tree up, but it's not worth having a real one if we can't water it.

We don't have any other trees yet (but I am getting ideas!!), although there should be an extra small fake of some sort this year (maybe 3 or 4 foot, certainly no bigger than 5) as I am hoping that FIL can get one for us for the holiday rental we'll be in (we are entertaining there on Boxing Day so some festive cheer would be nice!!).

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We have 1 tree that is 6 ft. that I put in the front living room. Last year my DS had one in his room, it was like 1 ft. or 2 ft. though and it sat on his dresser with various miniature ornaments on it. This year I don't plan on adding any big trees, but I may put a small one in the kitchen with miniature kitchen utensil ornaments on it.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I have 9 soon to be 10:

3ft in masterbedroom
3ft in guestbedroom
12" in bathroom (white)
12" in foyer
18" on top of tv armoir (Livingroom)
18" on top of small china cabinet (also livingroom)
12" on top of glass curio (diningroom)
3ft in kitchen
7 1/2 ft pre-light in livingroom

The 10th one will go on the balcony

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We have 5 trees:
7 ft in the living room
4 ft pencil tree in the dinning room
4 ft tree in the Family room
3 ft tree in the kids room
2 1/2 tree in bedroom

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
One tree since forever. It never occurred to me that I could even have more than one! That was until I found OC and then this site. I'll be adding more trees this year. I really want to do an upside down tree for over the corner fireplace.

I just haven't figured out how to make one.....yet. In the back of my mind I'm thinking of using a tomato cage upside down and widened a little. Then of course I'm wondering how I could get it to rotate. I have a rotating tree stand on my one and only tree now. I love it.

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I have 6 but adding another tabletop this year. Main tree is in the living room. blue and white tree in the bedroom, snowman tree in bathroom, red and white tree in kitchen, gold and white in the dining room a small tree on a bench that I sit outside my apartment door. I am adding a white tabletop tree in the living room. :bigsnow:

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Just one 7 footer here too...we live in a 990 square foot Victorian house, so I'm leery about packing my house.

I love to decorate with seasonal touches, but I just don't want my house flowing over with trees in every room, 'cuz it's so teeny. Plus I've spent the last 11 months de-cluttering and minimizing my possessions to much-loved items, including purging Christmas stuff. It would have to be a really special tree to make me increase my numbers.

When we get our basement finished a few years down the road, I'll probably add another tree - a classic film themed tree in black, white and silver.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just one big beautiful 8 footer that my husband bought for me last year. He bought our first tree when we got married, which was just a table top tree. When our son came along 21 years ago my husband bought me a lovely 6 foot tree, which I adored. Last year though when we put up the tree our son was taller than it and we decided that a new tree was in order.

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I love trees most people think Im nuts but we put up 10 inside and we put a couple out on our patio.

9ft & 4ft(slim) Tree in Livingroom
3ft In Kitchen
6ft & 2ft In Dining Room
6Ft In Our Room
6ft In the Girls Room
6Ft In the Boys Room
2ft In Master bath
2ft in Main Bath

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
In my 1500 sq foot home I typically have

*3 graduated size alpine trees on each side of the front porch steps=6
*a 6' tree on the front porch=7
*a 2' Santa's laundry tree in the-where else-laundry room=8
*a 2' tree with white lights and black and white bows on top of the corner china cabinet in the kitchen=9
*a 2' tree with roosters on top of the fridge=10
*a 4' white tree with white lights, red glass balls tied with black satin bows and black and white checked bows in the front kitchen windows=11
*a 6' slim tree with jingle bells in the living room=12
*an 8' tree with multicolored lights in the living room with snowmen=13
*2' trees for each boy-a sports tree for DS7, a John Deere tree for DS8, and a Coca-Cola tree for DS15=16
*a wall tree in the hallway with blown glass ornaments (I'm hoping for enough vintage Shiny Brite ornaments to use this year)=17
*a 3' tree in the boys' bathroom with Americana ornaments=18
*a 6' tree in our bedroom with ivory roses and gold ornaments=19
*a 3' tree in our bathroom with "pearl" lights in ivory with gold bows and Old World ornaments=20
*a 6' tree on the back porch with multicolored lights and redbirds and pinecones (new this year)=21

So...21 trees. Crazy, isn't it? It truly is an illness. I'm sort of thinking about paring back this year due to time, but I don't know which one I'd eliminate! I love them all!

It's fun reading about everyone's trees!

mommyby3

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2007
Beautiful North Carolina
Cathymac......Can I please come visit you at Christmas.? I NEED to see your home :santalol:

It sounds wonderful. :bigsnow: