HP- Week 19

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
This month we are working on Mindfulness. So far we have: Asked ourselves how mindful are we? And we have meditated on Koans. This week we add: Use cues to cultivate mindfulness.

Here is this week's you tube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFw6mQNJ3f8

Gretchen suggests putting sticky notes in strategic places to remind yourself on how you want to feel and behave.
For example: In her office she has one that says: Creative and Enthusiastic. In her bedroom is another one that says: Quiet Mind.

She also makes it a point everytime she sits down to the computer, she takes a moment, takes a deep breathe, gets centered and in the moment.

Gretchen also suggests setting your computer password to a word that prompts mindfulness. For example: Gratitude. Or your computer screen saver to a picture that makes you feel mindful. Maybe a beautiful sunset. Or one of your family.

She also says that some people like to use a phone app that prompts them to be mindful. For example, A bell chimes at different times. When you hear it, you take a moment, step back and be mindful.

This week's Resolution: Use cues to cultivate mindfulness.

This week's Idea: Let your mind be full... of Nothing.

Share your week's journey here.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I ace the "let your mind be full of nothing". lol

I love cues. I am noticing more and more when my mind is in neutral and not be mindful. Sure waste a lot of hours not noticing what is going on in my world. I could work with a little bell going off every now and then.

I also am working with my DD to be mindful of the changes in her world. Being locked up in a hospital she is not aware of the outside at all. She was shocked that the trees are beginning to get leaves on them when I had her look out her hospital window. I've asked her to look outside every day but I think she'll need a clue to remember.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
How is everyone doing on being mindful?

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was just reviewing my day. I have some major mindless time spots. Not sure what I was doing but it wasn't being mindful. Right now I'll be very mindful as I eat the last chocolate easter rabbit and drink some tea.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've been very mindful of my diet. I started a food journal and have been tracking everything I eat and drink, exercise too.