HP- Week 26

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
We are half way through the year of the Happiness Project and starting a new month. This month we will be working on: Lighten Up. Corresponding reading pages: 90-111.

Gretchen describes a thing called "fog happiness." This is the kind of happiness you get from activities that if you really look at them aren't fun, but when all is said and done somehow you are happy after having done them. For ex: Planning and hosting a party. The preperation and pulling it off, do not involve fun activities. But when it's over, you are happy that you got people together and everyone had a good time.

This week's focus: Sing in the Morning. Corresponding reading pages: 94-96
Mornings tend to be very stressful. What are ways you can make it easier so it becomes a more enjoyable time and easier on everyone?

Beginning this routine encouraged Gretchen to try other things to "lighten things up." When her daughter didn't want to go to tae kwon do, she began joking around with her, stopping the usual bickering they had before the class.

She also put a spin on chores by telling herself she enjoyed doing them. For ex: Instead of looking at planning her daughter's b-day party as a long list of chores to get done, she relished each item saying, "I love making plans for my daughter's b-day."

This week's Resolutions: Identify times of fog happiness in your everyday life. And- Sing in the morning.

This week's thought: The days are long, but the years are short.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
After getting treated for my fibromyalgia, I noticed I had started humming. Something I hadn't done for years. It did lift my spirit.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I love to listen to the radio and sing along, but don't do it nearly as often as i'd like to. Maybe i'll start putting the radio on in the mornings while I make everyone breakfast.

Right now my fog happiness is the basement. I know i'll be happy and less stressed when it's all done and that makes me want to work to get it the way I want it. I feel like once that is done I can take a breath again.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Sometimes I trick myself into cleaning by rewording things.

For ex:
Instead of saying, "I have to go home and clean house."
I say, "I choose to go home and clean house so I can enjoy the peace and calmness a clean and organized home brings to me."

Or I say, "I am so lucky to have a house to clean."

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Changed from a house cleaning to a house blessing. And I do it for myself not for anyone else.