HP- Week 4

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
After this week, we will have completed the first full month of our Happiness Journeys. Here is this week's youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKXl1Ot1DY&feature=relmfu

January's Focus is to: Boost Energy

We have already worked on: Going to Sleep Earlier, Exercising more, Toss, Restore, Organize and now we add:

* Tackle a Nagging Task & Act More Energetic
Corresponding Reading: pgs. 34-37

This week's activity revolves around: Tackle a Nagging Task.

Gretchen talks about those items on our to-do lists that stay on forever and yet we never seem to take care of them. These drain our energy!

- Make a list of these nagging items and start crossing them off this week.
Some examples: An email you know you need to send, phone calls that need to be made, a home repair project, an appointment that needs to be made, etc.
- When you accomplish these items, you get a boost of energy!
- Try to do these items first thing in the morning- to get them out of the way and give you energy to last through the day.

This week's Exercise: Tackle those Nagging Tasks!

This week's Thought: Happy people Make people Happy!

Share about your happy week here!

Annie

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
When I saw what these week was going to focus on my mind went instantly to one thing:

An item that has been on my to-do list at work for at least a couple of months now. It somehow always gets pushed to the bottom, but every time I draft a new to-do list it goes on there!

My resolution: Is to take care of this item this week!

Also, at home- I have a corner in my spare bedroom/office that still has wrapping paper, a bag of bows and just general clutter. Need to get this taken care of too!

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I need to make appointments that i've been putting off for myself, the dog, and the van. However, I can't make the van appointment until I can safely get it out of the driveway so that one may have to wait, but i'm not driving it right now so that should be okay.

I need to make myself an eye appointment, the trick will be getting daycare while I have my appointment. I need to make an appointment for Perry the puppy to get an update on a shot. He was due the 10th and i've been putting it off and putting it off.

I do have a home improvement project also that i've been putting off: the bathroom. I need to get in there and remove the strip of wallpaper and spackle the uneven place and then sand and smooth it down so I can start priming. I already have the primer and paint, just have to do the prep work and then I can get started. So, I will try to start this project this week.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The thing that bothered me most I took care of last week (now need to wait for the papers to come)... paperwork! I mean I have put this off for 3 years!!! I lost some bond certificates and can't get my money back until I fill in TONS of paperwork & see a kind of lawyer (commissaire a l'assermentation), who will sign that I'm saying the truth. Ugggg!! and pay for all this so the interest on those bonds will be nil!

I still have some things I have to do that I keep putting off... more paperwork & digital pictures.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nagging task. Have a report that is due in April. I usually drag my feet until the week before it's due. It does drag me down not having it done so I'll work on getting the prep work done this week. I want to put it on the computer so it will be easier to do next year.

Still need to up my exercise. Have done good on getting to bed early except for last night. Then I couldn't fall asleep so was awake until about 3 a.m. Maybe the exercise will help prevent this.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have tasks that need to be dealt with:

1. E-mailing my sister about no more gifts for birthdays and Christmas. She pulled a stunt at Christmas that I am not happy about. This needs to be dealt with once and for all.

2. Saving all the files and pictures from my computer on to disks. This is something that I have written down to do every three months. If I lost all the pictures that are on my computer I don't know what I would do.

Have a great week.

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
You hit the nail on the head, Happy2bme! My hobby is photography. Since everything has gone digital, I couldn't tell you how many photographs are on my computers. Yes, ,that's right - computers. My desktop has so many photographs on it, you can't use it. Not enough memory. My MacbookPro, has alot too, but alot more memory. Saving them on CD/DVD's is one of my biggest goals. However, I must add - the best way to archive photographs, is to print them. Information/photographs on CD's in time could be lost as well.

:bees:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Pumpkinpie,

You are right, I should be printing them as well.

Thanks for the reminder.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Nagging tasks...got those by the boatload! LOL!

so far I have made Dr. appts for both boys and scheduled bloodwork and Dr. appt for myself. I still need to find a new family dentist.

Took care of several tasks at work that I've been putting off and it really did make me happy! YAY! It's working!

I still have lots of unfinished projects at home. I plan to put them on the calendar tonight...spread out over the next several weeks. Maybe if they're "scheduled" they might actually happen!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My desktop has so many photographs on it, you can't use it. Not enough memory. My MacbookPro, has alot too, but alot more memory.

Me too. Probably not as many as you but way too many. I had an addition hard drive installed in my desktop just for photos. Was cheaper than a new computer. Of course now I have two sets of all the photos. Then I also have an external hard drive that I do my back ups on. Of course I just copy all the photos onto it instead of just the new ones so I have many copies. I really need to clean it up. Some of those photos are not worth the space on the drive. And let us not discuss labels that are needed.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Organizing photos is on my list as well, but I don't think I'll get to it this month. I make photo calendars for the grandparents and aunts/uncles every year and this year I was scrambling a week before Christmas to find phots from V-day, St. Patricks Day and Easter. I took a ton for all of those holidays, but I couldn't find the hard copies and it took forever to locate them on my computer bacause they weren't labeled...just numbered. I hope to do better this year...at the very least, I want to make the calendar pages quarterly so that I just have to bind them in December!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Like others I have a few nagging tasks. But the one that needs to be completed soon is getting DGD birthday invites sent out. Her bday is Feb 9. Think we're gonna have her a party at Pizza Hut on Feb 12th. I also want to get my mom's bday gifts done...

I also want to find time to read a good book. This might not seem that important but a good book now & again noursishes(sp) my spirit...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tackle a Nagging Task & Act More Energetic

Clothing pile that has been hanging around for over a year is done. I sat down for an hour and did it. Then piled it into the car and delivered it so it is out of the house.

Today I recieved the last of the paperwork I needed to do the nagging report. No more excuses for not doing it.

As for Acting More Energetic. Not today. DD and I ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch. We both have a terrific headache. Probably they changed something in the food so it now has gluten.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Not only did I get my pictures put on disk, I got all the files on my computer backed up

It feels really good to have this done.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Ahorsesoul and Mel- You both reminded me of things I forgot. I need to drop off my donations TODAY since i'll be in town. I also need to put the most recent pictures on disk and figure out how to backup my entire computer.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Mid-week check in:

I still haven't gotten my one nagging task done at work.

Here's a challenge I have: Say I have my resolutions set for the week. But then the week's schedule gets changed. How do I- or I'm asking- how do you all roll with the punches while still accomplishing the resolutions you set out for yourself?

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Honestly Annie, i've been a bad girl and still haven't made a resolution chart. I do, however, list what I want to do each week in my To-Do list thread.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I am behind as I didn't have the book yet so I havn't been checking in here. A sweet person sent me a book so now I can join in. I am very excited.
While I didn' tknow the goal for the week I actually accomplished it. I had a huge stack of papers, old bills, mail that need to be delt with. Not just on my kitchen counter but also in a cabnet where I stashed some during the holidays. Last week I sat down and shreaded and sorted a very large pile of papers. I had 2 folders that I stared usisng and them lost track of now I am back in order. One is the boys stuff like notes on upcoming events and such. The other is like a file folder where I labeled each pocked by a range of dates so I can put the bills due in them and a section for paid and other stuff to deal w/. Now I can keep on track of it. It feels good.

Wish I had better suggestions for you Annie on getting back on track. I have a advantage over working people b/c I have most days at home so I can always pick it up a different day if I can't do it on the day I wanted.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Here's a challenge I have: Say I have my resolutions set for the week. But then the week's schedule gets changed. How do I- or I'm asking- how do you all roll with the punches while still accomplishing the resolutions you set out for yourself?Annie

I say give yourself a break. You have a lot on your shoulders this week.