HP- Week 4

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Mid-week check in:

I still haven't gotten my one nagging task done at work.

Here's a challenge I have: Say I have my resolutions set for the week. But then the week's schedule gets changed. How do I- or I'm asking- how do you all roll with the punches while still accomplishing the resolutions you set out for yourself?

Annie

I haven't made a resolutions chart yet & honestly don't know if I will. My thoughts are I'm not going to worry about it. Because for me if I'm stressing over not writing it or not doing what I have on it, then I could very well be missing "happy" moments...

HolidayAngelOz

MHH Member
Feb 19, 2009
I wanted to let everyone know Im still here Ive been sick all week went to the dr and I have severe sinus crap and strep on top of it they put me on antibotics needless to say I havnt been doing much other than sleeping.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I wanted to let everyone know Im still here Ive been sick all week went to the dr and I have severe sinus crap and strep on top of it they put me on antibotics needless to say I havnt been doing much other than sleeping.

Sorry you have been sick hope the meds kick in soon.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I've been noticing over the last few days how much I am using the "one minute rule."

It's really helping me do stuff like-deal with my work clothes right when I get home.

HolidayAngelOz- Hope you are on the mend soon!

Annie

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
I have to admit. Im running behind on my book.. today I was reading again.. the decluttering.. and her different views on it.. the one that struck me the most.. was holding on to clutter that we feel guilty about getting rid of.. that for me is clothes that I dont like.. havent worn .. and only holding on because I spent to much money on them to just give them away and I dont want to try to sell them... what she said that really hit home with me was the GUILT we carry for not wearing or using those items that we spent so much on.. and then we have to look at them every day and feel guilty all over again.. and maybe we dont even realize how that guilt really affects us in being happy.. maybe its in the very back of our mind but still clouds it.. that is me.. I feel guilty almost everyday for not wearing something that is hanging there but I DONT WANT TO wear it.. cause I have my favorite clothes that make me feel good.. but it is right there every morning..

Im ashamed to admit ... I have 3 closets FULL of clothes.. good clothes... expensive clothes.. so the last 2 hours I have been in only 2 of the closets and have 12 bags of clothes and shoes.. Im so very very proud of me.. No more feeling guilty.. I have changed my pattern of spending money over the last few years.. I dont spend anything hardly on clothes any more.. so I dont need that reminder everyday all that excess of the way I use to spend money.. I feel great.. I really do..

Thanks Annie so much for starting us on this quest... I have guilt and unhappiness in ways I didnt know were there and blocking me from letting go of so much.. and finding what makes me happy and feeling clean and uncluttered is giving me a real sense of joy right now..

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Becky,
Many people will be blessed with you decluttering your closets. Especially you.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Becky-

It's wierd you should bring this up-Yesterday, I randomly ran across the name of the organization that donates business clothes to women down on their luck- who are trying to get into the job market but have none of the clothes necessary for interviews or starting out in the work force.

It is called: Dressed for Success. Looks like there is one in Lexington, KY. Not sure how close that is to you. Here's a link: Scroll down the page to get a list of states, and cities where one is located.

http://www.dressforsuccess.org/dfs_affiliatesTarget.aspx

I know you feel guilty that you spent good $$$ on those clothes- but by donating to other women- you are passing on so many blessings. And, like you said- getting rid of the guilt!!!!

How much of our lives do we waste feeling guilty. I'm so tired of it!!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Annie

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Becky - Wow. I was just having this conversation with myself this afternoon. We might have been talking to ourselves at the same time, even! I too have changed my spending ways the last couple of years yet I'm hanging on to some items I know I paid full price for and way too much money on. The other bit of guilt I have is if it is something my mom bought for me. Don't ask me why, she's never held it against me if I got rid of something but still it's there.

I'm a bit behind on reading the book too but plan on taking it to work again to read on my lunch break.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Thanks guys.. I know they will help lots of other women.. that is what makes me so willing to do this now.. I finished and their are 16 bags of shoes.. clothes and purses.. Im a little ashamed to say that and that I still have 2 closets pretty full.. but 1 is empty and 2 drawers in my chest is empty.... not to mention 1 large wardrobe.. EMPTY.. it was a piece of furniture I wanted to get rid of anyway.. so now I wont have to worry about it...

Annie.. Lexington is about an hour south east.. BUT .. DH and I will be going thru there on our way to Pigeon Forge in a few weeks.. so I think I will call them and see if we can drop them off on that day... thanks for the site..

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Becky,

I just want to say that I am so proud of you. Don't feel ashamed or guilty - feel proud. You realized that the guilt of having those clothes was holding you back, so you did something about it. Most people never even get to that level of awareness, let alone do something about it.

To be able to donate all those things to women who really need it is something that you can be happy and proud about.

How's that for a happiness project?

Love ya!!

Last edited: