I need ideas for a teacher's gift

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tracya

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
My son will soon be finishing the second grade in a couple of weeks. I really like his teacher (so does he) and was hoping to get some ideas of what he could give her for an end-of-the-year gift. He'll need to carry it on the bus with him so I'd like it to be something that he could manage. If the gift has to be something big, awkward, or delicate (like a plant), I guess I could run it into the school before I go to work. Hoping for some really clever ideas. Thanks ladies!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
I am getting a gift certificate for a manicure for my child to take to his teacher. She probably needs a little pampering after the last two weeks of school!

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I saw something cute somewhere online, but I can't for the life of me remember where (age). It was a flower pot with forget-me-nots. I thought it was a really cute teacher's gift.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Scarlett, What a great idea!!!

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Here are some ideas I have used. I usually go for something strictly for the teacher and not for her to use at school or in the class. Class gifts are very appreciated as well, I just tend to do them for the individuals.

Movie Night kit: I put microwave popcorn, movie size candies (from Dollar Tree), and a gift card to a movie store for a rental/purchase in a big bowl or popcorn container.

Ice Cream set: I have done this different ways....first way, I used an empty plastic ice cream bucket and added 4 ice cream sundae glasses & ice cream toppings. I also included a gift certificate to a local ice cream parlor. I put colorful tissue paper in the bucket with the items and topped the lid with curling ribbons and an ice cream scooper. The second way...I gave the teacher one tall sundae glass. DS put tissue paper in it & glued a red pom pom on top to look like a cherry. We wrapped it in cellophane & added a gift certificate to an ice cream parlor. DS drew a cute picture and added the words, "You're the tops!".

This year I was just going to give DS's teacher a relaxing spa kit (pre-wrapped) that I had bought half price after Christmas (eye mask, lotions, you know, fun pampering stuff!). DS let me know that his teacher wasn't "girly" :rotflol: . He wanted to get her a basketball :confused: ! So we gave her a basketball AND the pampering kit. lol. He had a great (very, very long) story behind why he wanted to get her a basketball. She understood his reasoning & truly LOVED it :flower: . FYI, my DS is finishing 2nd grade as well. He obviously "knew" his teacher better than I did to know that a Bball would be cool. Ask your son for ideas & see what he comes up with :party: .

DD & I just wrote personal thank you notes (each of us did our own) and made cute mini cakes for her three main teachers. She is finishing 5th grade & wanted it to be very low key. I think mom showing up with a big present is no longer cool....it's embaressing :thud: .

HTH,

Bren

P.S. I have always had my kids write thank you notes to their teachers & specify what they have learned. It's fun to see what they come up with. We have been blessed with wonderful teachers :pink: .