Idea from slideshow

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
thats really cute idea

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Great idea. Maybe you can also make a couple simple lego houses and place them under the tree like a village. Add some lego mini figures, and if you get the lego advent calendar, the elves can add those pieces to the village too.

I'm liking the gumdrop snowflakes too. I think the elves will hang these in their windows.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I love the Lego presents...has anyone here ever purchased the Lego advent calendar? Reviews on Amazon seem spilt...some really liked it, others not so much. DS(5) saw it in the store the other day and was drooling. ;)

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
I love the Lego presents...has anyone here ever purchased the Lego advent calendar? Reviews on Amazon seem spilt...some really liked it, others not so much. DS(5) saw it in the store the other day and was drooling. ;)

I JUST purchased it, (Target has it on sale for $31.something LOL, and there is a $5 off coupon in their toy catalog, or available online, so I paid $26 for it)

I obviously have not opened it to give a FULL review but I think my son will love it, His birthday is on Thanksgiving and he wrote a letter to Santa asking if his elf, Elvin could come for his LEGO birthday, so Elvin is comming and the advent calendar will be his bday gift from Elvin, I've debated buying one for my 12 year old too, but I've decided to make my own and buy him some of the sets to use in it, and.... I'm going to go in their lego stash to pick out pieces to make some cute Christmas figures to add to it, I'm pretty sure they will never notice with ALL the legos we have LOL.

I really like the original lego present idea, you could also take one of the flat green pieces and build around it to hide a small treat inside of it for them to open ;)

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
You guys are full of awesome ideas! My DS10 saw the Lego advent calendar-it just wasn't in the budget this year. They also have a lego Kingdoms advent calendar on the website, but I see it's sold out right now-
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7952&cn=61&d=100

jinglemom, I think the gumdrops are so adorable! You should be able to make these with some kind of clay and glitter so you could keep them from year to year.