If you need more help setting up your Holiday Notebook

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I just signed up and am awaiting approval! Thanks for the link!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I received an email saying it was too late for sign up although in the same email it said sign up was in June/July. I emailed back asking exactly what the closing dates are for signing up and will post the dates when I get a reply. This is the second time i've tried to sign up for this class and the second time i've been rejected for timing, even though this time i'm in the right month.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I also tried to sign up...not that I really have time for another "group" but because I am always striving to improve. Got the same email. It is only July 24th so rejecting someone because they are trying to join after the deadline or after the first day of class (Aug. 1st) does not make sense to me. I'll see if I get a response. I am sure the one we got was an automated one...but surely it should have been set to the correct date. Or maybe when the class is "full" they shut off memberships...oh well....nothing ventured ...nothing gained. Just seems odd they wouldn't just say...class full.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've never heard about the class being full. I've posted a message to see if I can find out what's going on. I just received an email today (24th) saying it's time to ask friends to join.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Hmmm......I would guess, like Ginger said, someone set the date wrong for the automated response. I hope you can find out an answer Ahorsesoul, I was really looking forward to that class. Hopefully we'll get responses to our return emails.

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I also tried to join. It said the classes are full but this is still July. I was told membership is pending. Why would my membership be pending if the classes are full? Hope this gets straightened out, this would be more fun.jy :flower:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I posted a message on her blog asking about what happened. Still haven't heard anything. Of course with emails and blogs we except instant results. lol

I know when I first heard about this group, I tried signing up inbetween classes so I had to wait. Once I signed up in the enrollement month it was awhile before my request was approved. So hang in there.

CEO

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2007
Kids, this is Rhonda Colby's thing--and what you're experiencing is the way it's always been. "Always", in this case and to my knowledge, is at least from 1995 or 1996.

Rhonda's group began on AOL many years ago. Anybody--like me--who remembers how connect was back then can probably understand. To keep a discussion group's size to a reasonable level made the difference between enjoying the technology and having the technology but not the time. The kludgy, slow interface put some limits on how many people could comfortably take part.

So Rhonda has always limited participation in her Christmas notebook group. It's her way, it's always been her way, and it's nothing personal. She likes to keep the numbers down, and prefers that everyone be on the same page at the same time.

Honestly, I can see the case for her method, particularly when it's mid-November and I'm drowning in new folks over at OC who are all wringing their hands because they're "behind".

Thankfully, we have LOTS of options these days. All this glorious diversity is ours, so don't let it curdle your spirits.

CEO

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Yeah, I got a whole host of emails, as well as an acceptance one. She said she didn't realize she still had a certain box checked or something. Fixed now though.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Here's the message I received from Rhonda. I figure this could happen to me too. Glad you've gotten your message you've been accepted. If you haven't try again before the end of July.

"I didn't realize I hadn't
unchecked that letter from being sent out automatically.? Oops. Thanks
for the heads up.? :)?? Tell them I've approved everyone on the pending list. If they unsubbed after getting that letter, they just need to subscribe again.?? ~~Rhonda"

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I had wanted to join last year but missed the deadline for the August classes and was moving during the March classes but remembered just in time for this year! I got the same rejection notice but was accepted when I e-mailed back asking for dates. So...look forward to seeing you all there and discovering what this class is all about! Yippee!!!