Is Anyone Getting a Little "Jittery" ?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
Imagine how stressed the people are who don't plan and organize for Christmas all year long! :santalol:

We also are having a strained financial year but luckily I shopped a little earlier and the 9 year old will get his dream gift from Santa. :globe: The teenagers really don't care about the stuff as much as the family get-togethers. :grin:

My stress of the week is a party I'm having Friday night for our neighbors. Everyone brings an appetizer so I mostly need to clean the 1st floor and make a couple of desserts. This is where I usually go way overboard and I need to relax this year and not stress. My neighbors are SOO nice, they won't care at all.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Ok, I'm better now! I was able to shop some yesterday and we had a big discussion at our house last night, and everyone agreed that homemade gifts are good!

My friend's son (age 13) loves my chili. I always struggle with what to get him. Well, guess what he's getting this year-a gallon of chili for his very own that he doesn't have to share! I'll include a sleeve of crackers (wrapped in tissue and tied with ribbon to look like a huge piece of candy) and some small bags of Fritos! So excited to see his expression!! He won't believe it!! LOL!

I am really starting to breath a little easier.

koalagirl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I had no idea that others were feeling this way! Thanks for your reassurances...I keep telling myself that I am so much further along than I usually am....and lots of DEEP BREATHING!! Ha, ha!! Please hang in here with me you Christmas lovers, we'll get through this and have lots of good memories and FUN!

I have been almost frozen with procrastination!! Which is NOT good!! I feel like I need someone to come and hold my hand through the next 3 weeks....and would someone please tell me WHY I ever volunteered to do as much as I do?????? YIKES! I have GOT to learn to say NO!!!!!!!!!! :rotflol:

:skate: This is what I wish I could do!!!

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
:rotflol: koalgirl, I am laughing along with you. I can never learn to say no. I started out good at the beginning of the year and it has been downhill all the way. I got involved in the historical society here and that wasn't to bad until I got into the geneology group. Then our town food shelf was in a mess and I found out only after I was elected president how much of a mess. That was a lot of work and tension to straighten out(I'm probably still not finished with that). We have my brother now living with us at my husbands request because he has health issues and we were the only ones who would help him (there went my guest room and room I did my crafts in). My oldest son got married in Oct. I am now getting over a sinus and respiratory infection. And I'm working two jobs. I'm not complaining but this is how my life has been. I've missed work because of being sick and now the snow days I look forward to, I dread, because para educaters don't get paid days off here. Oh well, hopefully it will calm down soon.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I have always spent time planning for Christmas, usually buying quite a few gifts throughout the year and then stepping things up from September when the children go back to school. This year I'm more organised than ever, since discovering OC in about February. My new revised Notebook is working out really well and I'm looking forward to spending a whole year here at MHH to organise for the holidays. Hopefully next year my house renovations will be complete so that in itself will make thinks better, am already looking forward to planning for next year with all you like minded people.

:globe:

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
MEEEEEE

tree is up but not decorated

went to WDW 2wks in Nov (turned 50 while there) and i think it put me a little behind - time to catch up