It's January - What's on Your Rudolph Day Schedule?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I am planning on debriefing for 2009 and making copies of all my forms and getting ready for 2010 in my notebook, maybe I will watch four christmas's as well since I haven't seen it.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I just found some of the cutest and easiest crafts for gifts on the chopsuey .com site 12 days of Christmas crafts on utube. I will be making a lot of the ornaments for every one, and some cute cork board gifts for those who work in a office.
So I will be making a list of stuff to get to make some gifts.
and I will be making some more videos for my blog.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I am planning on doing something similar to Lady Evenstar.

I need to organize and put away Christmas 2009.

My moving this past year really left me out of whack in the organization area. We decided put out house on the market quickly , were unprepared for it to sell in 3 days, had a very hard time finding a house to buy in the allotted time and packed quickly and unfortunately haphazardly to get it all done in time. My basement is a disaster area of totes and boxes! I can't believe I actually found the elf, the tree skirt and stockings!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I think the weekend of Jan 23-24 will be a possible target zone for Rudolph Day activity this month for me.

However, that is really close to my due date of Feb 6th - so who knows! :)

If anything, I may end up watching a Christmas movie. I'd like to have 2010 calendar pages printed and transfer notes from 2009 pages to update my Christmas binder.

But I am not planning anything too ambitious in light of other priorities right now! lol

I would really like to see Four Christmases!!! Will have to add it to Netflix!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
AuntJamelle - I am really with you on aiming for the weekend of January 23-24 for Rudolph Day this year! If time is available on the 25th, that is a great bonus! AuntJamelle -- I think that by adding the new baby early this year, you are taking a huge step towards making Christmas 2010 so wonderful!!!!!! Please give yourself credit for that!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I had an impromptu Rudy day today... 2009 review is done (still need to finalize budget though) and I covered my rudy day notebook.

Posted a pic on my blog.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I had a little Rudy Day impromptu. I found this cartoon Christmas movie at Big Lots for only $3. All day long I've been singing O Christmas Tree in my head so when I got home today I was in the mood to watch a Christmas movie. It was cute. I'd never heard of this movie but it was cute.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Aggy - how fun! I love impromtu Christmas enjoyment. What was the name of the movie?

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I would like to be more committed to observing Rudolph day this year, I will have to be flexible about it too as I am usually working on the actual day..Jan will be reviewing Christmas 2009, and planning/daydreaming for 2010..I really like the idea of a little fun-a little work for that day, watching movies, listening to Christmas music, just taking a day to enjoy being a Christmas nut!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Aggy -- good for you! I think it fills up our reservoirs of joy to have those little impromptu Rudy Days whenever we can!

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
I stopped by my local craft store today and they still had some holiday items 50-75% off, so I got a few things, and a couple crafts for the elves to bring the kids. I'm updating my notebook with what worked in 2009 and what to improve on this year. Guess I'm having a Ruddy month! :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
And... even better than a Rudy Day.... or a Rudy Weekend..... or a Rudy Week........ is a RUDY MONTH!!!!!! Hurray!!!!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I've decided that Rudolph days for me will be to Celebrate the feel of Christmas. That feeling I miss when I am going from event to event in the month of December and I begin to get tired.

I want to wear Christmas socks, sip on something hot and delicious, and read about Christmas, listen to Christmas music and watch a Christmas movie.

Annie - I couldn't have said it any better. It seems like December, for me, is making sure everyone else is happy and "feeling" the spirit. I tend to put things for me, that I enjoy (like baking) at the bottom of the list. In 2010, I am going to watch at least one Christmas movie per month while I plan and organize for December. A Little hot chocolate or red wine might help the process as well! ;)

Four Christmases works for me, too!

Colleen in PA

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I like the ideas of enjoying the day w/ a movie or music also. I decided not to pack up my christmas CDs so I have them available and I don't pack up the movies and I got 2 new ones this year (White Christmas and Holiday Inn) that I love and can watch any time of the year so I can pull them out. For this month my plan is to update and clean out my notebook. I was good going into Dec and then it lost momentum keeping it up to date during the month.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Colleen in Pa- Yeah! Let's celebrate together! In past years I have felt guilty if I didn't accomplish some kind of Christmas prep on Rudy day. So, then I usually just didn't do anything. But this year I said, To heck with guilt! I'm going to celebrate Rudy day how it fits me and my life.

Annie

Sapsorrow

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2010
This January we were planning on clearing out the blanket chest I was going to press into service as our gift closet. I have some items to inventory and put inside, as well. I think I'll set up a Rudy day tote with the Christmas cards, but more than anything else, I need to make an organizer so that I keep track of everything.