Jan. 3-16 Christmas Recovery Weeks

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The first two weeks of Jumpstart January will be Christmas Recovery....

[ ] De-decorate

[ ] Pack away ornaments and inventory boxes and locations (place in notebook)

[/] Create a gift closet

[X] Clean out Christmas notebook....just clean it out...will work on it Rudolph Day

[X] Create or organize gift wrapping box/storage spot...put in new rolls of paper, tissue, ribbons, bags, etc

[X] Clean out refridgerator.....get rid of any lingering leftovers.

[ ] Pack away holiday DVDs, music, books etc. Note where they are located so you can use them on Rudolph Days

[ ] REMINDER: Save envelopes from this years cards to update address list on January Rudolph Day!!!

Last edited:

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
I stole your list...LOL

TO DO
[ ] De-decorate

[ ] Pack away ornaments and inventory boxes and locations

[ ] Create a gift closet

[ ] Create or organize gift wrapping box/storage spot

[ ] Clean out refridgerator

[ ] Pack Rudolph Day tote

[ ] dig all Christmas laundry out of the laundry mountain and wash

[ ] use last of the holiday type food and candy, etc.

[ ] organize elf box and fix holiday casualties... broken ornies

TO BUY
[ ] clearance candy and cuties

TO PLAN
[ ] hold a holiday de-briefing

[ ] Clean out Christmas notebook

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Great list, Gingerbug! And it is wonderful to have the list this early. Opportunities may well occur before January 3rd.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Ginger, GREAT list. I love how you keep us on track with your list.

I like your Monday-Friday list to that use to be around. Monday~move 1 bag out (trash or
Goodwill, the Wild card Wed., 15 minutes and 1/2. Those things are little but help.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes I need to start working the Mon-Fri list again too,....it really did make a BIG difference.....a little at a time....and then dang it...I got off track...oh well...must just hop back on again..!!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
It only takes one week to get back on track. Then it's only been a week since you were off track and you keep going and before long, that was last month.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Love the list! I'm going to get started on it early, I think! :)

With DH's help I've already gotten the entire upstairs dedecorated - except for one tabletop tree in our room that will take me about 15 minutes to do tonight.

Then I am going to start on the downstairs too! If I can get DH involved again I might even finish that tonight!

Cleaning out my notebook is an easy and quick task that I can get out of the way as well.

I've got my Christmas Cards for 2010 situated in easy reach on a shelf in my craft room. I do still need to reserve a couple rolls of holiday wrapping paper back from the attic for wrapping as I go this year...

Off to make some notes on my daily to do list!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great list. Will really help me get the new year off to a good start.

Jewels

Retire Member
Dec 26, 2009
Love the list . . . . it will definitely keep me on track and focused! I've de decorated the upstairs now to start on the downstairs . . ugh. I just keep thinking how good it will feel when it is all done!

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Well considering both my bedroom and craftroom are a disaster, I really need to do some holiday recovery. Here's my list

TO DO
[ ] De-decorate

[ ] Pack away ornaments (all mine fit into one box in my closet, no need to inventory)

[x] Create a gift closet

[ ] Create or organize gift wrapping box/storage spot

[ ] Pack celebrate me bags

[ ] use last of the holiday type food and candy, etc.

TO BUY
[ ] NOTHING

TO PLAN
[x] hold a holiday de-briefing

[x] Clean out Christmas notebook

masslass

Retire Member
Nov 10, 2008
Massachusetts, USA
That's a very helpful list, thanks!

I'd add one thing (at least, this is something I personally need to do):
- copy down recipes used over the Christmas period so I can find them again easily next Christmas
- keep my list of holiday activities we did, so nothing is forgotten next year

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
As I posted on Rudolph Days, I shouldn't have started my cleaning so early! The house is half torn apart and the kids want friends over! So note to self for next year, just tidy up the house and enjoy the kids and leave the de-decorating till they head back to school after xmas break! But on a positive note, have the main floor all clean, just the upstairs where the decorations go in the christmas cubby is a mess! Of course that is also where the kids bedrooms are, see the problem! So will try to get a handle on the upstairs so they can maybe have friends over by this weekend. Obviously I was very anxious to start jumpstart january to make up for my slacking in 09.

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
I am so happy that I am ahead of the game I had to post this early... I hope that noone minds!

TO DO
[ ] De-decorate

[ ] copy out holiday recipes!!! thanks masslass!!!

[ ] Pack away ornaments and inventory boxes and locations

[ ] Create a gift closet

[X] Create or organize gift wrapping box/storage spot

[X] Clean out refridgerator

[ ] Pack Rudolph Day tote

[ ] dig all Christmas laundry out of the laundry mountain and wash

[X] use last of the holiday type food and candy, etc.

[ ] organize elf box and fix holiday casualties... broken ornies

TO BUY
[ ] clearance candy and cuties

TO PLAN
[ ] hold a holiday de-briefing

[ ] Clean out Christmas notebook

Last edited:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Great strarting list Gingerbug. I've already cleaned out my notebook. heehee

I've also packed up all the decorations except for what's on the balcony and the main tree in the livingroom. I need to buy another bin for my holiday linens and pillows.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I got a bit of a head start today....took down the livingroom tree!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm excited....I actually marked a couple things off my list....still plenty of de-decorating to do though....and I really want to inventory and write where I store items this year....soooo.....it's time consuming!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Momof9 -- We NEED your inspiration! I am delighted that you are already beginning to accomplish things on your list! When you accomplish things... then we think that we can accomplish things too!

I realize that it takes a lot of time, effort and thought to prepare and to decorate for Christmas. And -- we do our best to spread things out over time - so all this preparation is not overwhelming. In a way, it seems harder to finish up and pack everything away. I'm not sure if having New Years just one week after Christmas --- I'm not sure if the timing of New Years makes things easier or harder for us.

In a way -- things are easier, having New Years just one week after Christmas. The "holiday period" continues on. In a way, I think it makes Christmas even more important. Life does not just go back to normal after Christmas Day. We continue celebrating - and thinking about values. Christmas is about values in our life -- and so is New Years.

In another way -- I think it is harder. We all want to go into the New Year with everything in order -- some wonderful New Years resolutions -- and a good chance of accomplishing them. And that puts a lot of pressure on us.

I don't know..... what do you think?

Anyway -- I have begun "deconstructing" Christmas 2009. So - there are storage tubs around.. The ornaments are off the tree. But the tree is still standing. And today was a "real life" day. Meaning...... that regular life events took place..... and no packing/organizing Christmas stuff happened.

Also -- I think there is a lot of variety in how "tired" different people are after each Christmas. There is so much variety ----- whether or not you are working. How difficult and stressful your job is. Your physical health. The health of family members. How many Christmas events your family is involved in. Etc. etc. etc.