January 2015 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Old dinosaure of a computer is now unplugged and ready to be sent to the ecocenter this week by dh.
Cleared a few files out of that desk to make some space.
Will be keeping the keyboard, mouse and loudspeakers of the computer.

Got rid of an air-mattress that didn't keep its air during our guest's visit.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Paperwork

January is always my paperwork declutter month.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Children's bedrooms are my priority this month. I want to completely go through everything and purge and then DH may be making each of the kids a new loft style bed. Some of their cousins had beds like this and it just makes so much more space in the room since the floor space isn't all taken up by the bed. I want to reorganize their rooms, get rid of the toy boxes and figure out a better, easier to put away, way to store the toys.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Jess,

DS has a loft bed- best thing I ever did! I had it custom made as the ones I saw in the stores were either flimsy or too small. I wanted a queen size bed. It has totally created more space in his room. He uses the under area for a couch, coffee table and watches tv, plays wii etc...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My first decluttering room will be the family room. It is a long room that leads from the kitchen the full width of the house. This room has my craft cupboard, linen cupboard, my desk and a small cupboard that holds some decorating pieces.
The craft cupboard has been decluttered and organised.
I need to really empty the linen cupboard, line the shelves, and assess what I may need for the upcoming winter.
I like the thought of hunkering down in the winter so I love flannel sheets, throws and big fluffy quilts.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have GOT to do my room! It is bad. Want to go thru every single drawer, closet, linen closet, under sink the 3 cabinets, paper work etc..... DH will help. Years ago we had a water bed and had 6 drawers under it, for some reason I wanted to get rid of it. Now I would love to have it back. Was nice to store sheets there and items hardly used but needed.

Also want to get thru the closet in Jaymees old room. We use it for my sewing room/Teigans room now.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I re organized my storage room. Brought all my christmas dec to the garage to make room. Put my Halloween dec in one tub and into the garage as well. The rest of January I will organize craft room and my spare bedroom for my dgd.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
For me it will be putting my apartment back together, making it cozy for the bitterly cold months ahead. Also, I purchased some small pictures from the dollar store last year that I want to hang above my sofa.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Aggy, cosy sounds nice, I am so ready to snuggle in.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I tried to follow some of the decllutter calendar this morning.... pants (3 pairs less), undies, sweaters (3 less), papers.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My pantry ended up getting cleaned late afternoon/early evening. Several items expired (I have DID my pantry several times since 2013--think the store had them on the shelf and we didn't ck. before buying!) so out they went, more plastic bags to take to recycling, several ice cream containers and egg cartons to take out. Have several boxes of hot chocolate so will take 1 to work and maybe we will drink it there. Teigans has her items on the top shelf. Along with our cereals and oatmeal. Also a bottle of whiskey and slow gin that have probably been up there for 16 to 17 years. Had the whiskey for some cookies I use to do. Should get it down if we get a cold or sore throat!!!!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Most definitely my bedroom. It kind of became a catch-all. That cannot happen ever again. Ugh!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been working in my bedroom today. Didn't need to declutter much. Put holiday clothes in totes. I have a collection of baby items that needed a tote to await the arrival of the gs in April. And I started a tote of Christmas gifts. Now have to find places for the totes.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
January will also be a paperwork decluttering month for me..I recently became the treasurer for my women's group at church, received a few boxes of files from the previous treasurer, and I want to sort through all that...not to mention our own stuff, need to get ready to do taxes..also going to put craft room back together after using it as Christmas central..

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
WooHoo, it seems that it will finally reach above 60º with sunshine this entire weekend. I am so looking forward to decluttering the garage. That is going to be an all weekend job but I'm looking so forward to being able to park my car in there again.

Today I actually got some pantry items declutterd as well as the armoire.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm trying to clear out one major thing at a time. Yesterday was my pantry. I have 34 boxes of cereal.....now all organized by expiry date, lol.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh my Lord, let me back on here! Had to get in here and get my declutter brain back on! My house is a WRECK after the holidays. We had the flu roll through here right after the New Year (even though we had our shots - at least they helped a little). I'm thankful it didn't hit at Christmas anyway.

I'm am decluttering all the boxes as I held on to many of them in case of returns. Also decluttered our big armoire and removed about 20 jigsaw puzzles. The kids still do them so they can't go out the door but they will be moved to less premium space. The Mudroom (aka Santa's Workshop) is on the list for today if I can make time. Holiday boxes really need to be gone through again but I didn't have the strength and saved the declutter for Christmas in July.