January 2015 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Paperwork still needs filing, and craft room-where all my Christmas organizing happened-needs re-organizing...have Tues and Wed off so will probably do the bulk then..

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
So we bought a house and moved in over the Christmas holidays (Who does that?? Oh yeah, we do! lol) We've been doing a lot of unpacking, still some boxes to empty, and just putting things where they belong, not really in any organized fashion. We decided we need to let go of a LOT, so if we say "yeah I may use that" or "I could make something out of that"...it goes. If we don't have a definite plan for it, it's out. I have started a yard sale bin...hoping to have one in March maybe. I still need to find a new home for mail...haven't figured that out yet and there's lots of it! I think today I will go through the box that has all of my scrapbooking magazines in it. So much yet to do, but this will be our last move so no rush, right? lol

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
FINALLY! I can finally join our 2015 Declutter Club!!!!! The flu is completely over and done with in our household!!!!!

Martin Luther King Weekend is here in the USA! And I will be celabrating by watching the History Channel and decluttering!!!!!

I thank everyone who has already posted -- in this thread -- this month!!!!

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I went through the file cabinet and got rid of a huge pile of stuff!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have not started decluttering yet and it is making me mad. I have to work extra over January as CW is on holidays. I have no extra time at the moment. It will be the first week of February before I can join in.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
A new day -- a new week -- and a new urge to declutter in 2015!!!!!!! A LOT of stuff piled up in the hallway….. waiting for the ladder to be brought inside…. and for ds#2…. to carry it all unto the attic! Yesterday -- the big "carry up" happened! AND… ds "straightened up the attic"…. while he was up there!!!!!

During the preparation for that -- I emptied a dresser…. that I had used as my "Christmas Closet". Everything went into tubs and into the attic…. with the rest of the Christmas decorations and things! NOW…. time to think about that empty dresser.. which is in the guest room. My closet is in that room….. and I COULD fold all my "tops" (which are on hangers)…. and put them into the dresser. Right now…. I share a dresser, in our bedroom, with dh. And it would be nice for him to be able to use the whole dresser.

There is a queen size bed in that room (the office-guest room). Dh would like to replace the bed…. with a sofa bed. I think he is right about that. I will discuss it with ds and ddil….. they gave us the bed…. so I want to check with them before we get rid of it.

Are you following any of the MHH "Cleaning Plans"? I am following the Holiday Grand Plan! Any and every kind of help ---- I gratefully accept!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This weekend I purged some files in the filing cabinet and got 10 books in a bag ready to give away.
2 more sweaters in the donation bag too.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
We have a "snow day" today: schools closed. There rely isn't THAT much snow… and the roads are already cleared! There IS enough snow to look beautiful!!!!!!!

I want/need/plan… to work in the kitchen today: getting ready for Super Bowl Sunday: guests to watch the game and food and drink to feed them!!!!!!! HOW much "stuff" can I get OUT of the kitchen today? "Mismatched, unneeded plastic things (into recycling, of course!) Expired spices and condiments that are down to the last bit? "Old" food in the refrigerator? I bet I can fill a BIG trash bag - from the kitchen alone - today!!!!!!!

What about you? Anything today?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
11 more books in the donation bag, 3 cardignans and more paper in the shredder. 2 bathrobes in the garbage, 2 of dh's shirts in the garbage... no good to give at all. would've given away more of dh's stuff but he refuses. grrr..

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This week is my first "normal week" at home for the new year. I have such plans.
The weather here has been quite cool so I would love to be able to declutter and get some stuff gone.
I don't know where to start, my room, spare room or at the front of the house and work towards the back. AH decisions.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
On Saturday decluttered half my craft notebook and half the old computer books and papers