January Turkey Day 2009

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So what are your plans for this months first Turkey Day?

I plan to clean out my Thanksgiving Notebook. Any recipes I haven't tried can be tossed because I'll find new ones in the coming months. Last month I put in index tabs since it has grown to a size that needed them.

I do want to be looking for simple to make gluten free/dairy free cute thanksgiving treats. On the lines of the Oreo Turkeys or the Marshmallow Snowmen.

I do have a turkey in the freezer. Thinking about cooking it but only if I do not have any leftover frozen turkey.

Sapsorrow

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2010
I hadn't planned on planning for anything but Christmas this far ahead of time, but Thanksgiving IS tied for my favorite holiday. So much so that we celebrate it twice! (Canadian and American Thanksgivings.)

Our recipes are all set since we go more for tradition than innovation. The only thing I might experiment with next year are appetizers and a breakfast.

Our big project is going to be simple Colonial costumes for the girls. If we feel ambitious, I may do habitant costumes as well. I suppose I could come up with decor, as well? I've never really decorated for Thanksgiving before.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sapsorrow,
You plans sound so exciting. It will be nice to see how it turns out for your two Thanksgivings!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Happy Jan Turkey Day
What are you doing today for Thanksgiving?

I'll be checking my notebook to see if there is anything I can toss or that needs updating.