January Turkey Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I think I'll probably make turkey rollups -the ones with the dressing inside-for dinner this night. I'm not sure if I'll do anything else, except maybe try to find a frame for our family picture from last Thanksgiving. Oh, and I may start looking for a small favor to give to our guests...

Does anyone else have anything going on?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nope. Nothing for me... I'm trying to do GPD and Rudy day this year (1st time for each) and I've got a semi-notebook for Xmas and files for Halloween.... so I'll skip turkey day this year. Can't do everything at once! But thanks!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm just using Turkey Day to organize all of my recipes this year. I'll most likely be going to my mom's for Thanksgiving so I really don't have anything to worry about.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I've been wanting to get my "standard" Thanksgiving recipes typed up onto their own pages to keep in the Thanksgiving section of my notebook. Right now they are scattered. I think I'll work on that this month.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh yea, turkey roll-ups for me too. I use turkey slices, make a cream cheese spread and roll it up with cheese and some veggies. Heavenly.

I also need to round-up some of my Thanksgiving recipes. I noticed the other day some of them are in my Christmas Notebook.

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
I will be looking for something new to try- maybe make the pumpkin pancakes that some one posted on mhh...sorry I can't remember who...but i am leaning towards that to see if my boys like them. :pilgrim:

momof2boys said:
I will be looking for something new to try- maybe make the pumpkin pancakes that some one posted on mhh...sorry I can't remember who...but i am leaning towards that to see if my boys like them. :pilgrim:

ooooh I did!! My boys loved them and say they don't taste like pumpkin...I made them eat them before I told them they were pumpkin pancakes...lol!!! Here's the recipe I use

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Pa ... spx?strb=1

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Like some of you have already stated, I need to work on my recipe section. Have to make sure all my favorite Thanksgiving recipes/timelines are all in my notebook. I need a little practice on my stuffing, so I may make stuffed turkey breast, and I have to get over my pie crust problem (sometimes they turn out, sometimes they don't, but I am not going to resort to the packaged ones again if I can help it -- they just don't taste 'right' to me). Going to practice some apple pie!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Absolutely love pumpkin Christmascreations, so I've printed your receipe to try. TFS.

:globe:

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
Greetings all,

I am going to cook a mini-Thanksgiving feast -- turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans, mashed potatoes & apple pie; I will cook a small bird, as it will just be the five of us.
It has been a cold & snowy week here is Bosotn; how wonderful it will be to smell a turkey roasting in the oven!

Gidget -

:lucky:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Ahorsesoul said:
Oh yea, turkey roll-ups for me too. I use turkey slices, make a cream cheese spread and roll it up with cheese and some veggies. Heavenly.

We do this with ham slices am going to have to try it with turkey.

I have no planning todo for Thanksgiving since it is just us at home, DH's family comes over usually but I don't do anything special for them. This year since I had to work Thanksgiving morning I had everything made and ready to go the night before. I think I will do that again this year.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I will be working on my recipes also. I wanted to put up a harvest tree last but never got around to doing it. I think I will pull out the deocrations I bought to see what else I need to add. I don't want to use a Christmas tree so I will visit the craft stores in search of a twig type one that is shape sort of like a tomato cage (if you can picture what I'm describing) LOL. I got the idea from a show on HGTV called Room by Room.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Cathymac said:
Aggy-I think our Hobby Lobby has those grapevine/twig trees you're talking about...kind of like a cone, right? If you have one near you, you might check there.

That's exactly what I'm talking about Cathymac. I'll have to see if we have any Hobby Lobby's here. If not I wonder if I could order it online. Thanks.

CEO

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2007
I'd almost forgotten it's Turkey Day!

I've posted a little notice on the home page at OC, so expect to see some new faces!

http://organizedchristmas.com

Looks like Dr. Steve is going to get rolled turkey breast roast, stuffing and gravy for dinner ... and damn the diet!

CEO

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I could swear I smell Turkey roasting as I walk down the street! I certainly could smell it when I saw that Turkey on the OC home page!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Cathymac said:
I think I'll probably make turkey rollups -the ones with the dressing inside-for dinner this night. I'm not sure if I'll do anything else, except maybe try to find a frame for our family picture from last Thanksgiving. Oh, and I may start looking for a small favor to give to our guests...

Does anyone else have anything going on?

Hmmmm ... do you have a recipe for this one with dressing inside??
Thanks!

::eek:rnament: