JumpStart January Week #1 List Week & Front Porch

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Week One: January 13th List Week & Front Porch

[ ] Make a "to do" list for each list on your schedule. Walk around the house taking your lists with you. Write down EVERYTHING you would like to do in that room...if you don't get to it this go round...you'll have the list for the next round.

[ ] Front Porch: Wash the rug or get a new one

[ ] Clean the light fixture.

[ ] Remove all things from the porch and put them away. Toys, shovels, bags of salt etc.
Yes girls.....dead pumpkins also....they must go...and any leftover Christmas as well.

[ ] Sweep the porch. If it's warm where you are...mop it as well.

[ ] Sweep down the walls and get rid of cobwebs.

[ ] Wash the windows if it's warm enough...otherwise we will get those the last week of the plan or during the next go round

[ ] Look at the hedges and the beds around your front porch. Jot down notes or ideas for spring plantings.

[ ] Front Door: need painting? Either do it now or add it to the list for the next go round.

[ ] Now check out the drive way. Is there trash that needs to be pitched or stuff that needs returned to it's home? Do that now.

[ ] Celebrate your hard work by getting a new rug or wreath for your porch. Or make one if you are so inclined.

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
I am so ready for this. After the Holidays my house so needs a deep clean. I just hope that I can keep up with the program this time. Oh well, one week at a time is going to be my motto.

Santa elf Eddie

[ :nana: ] Finish removing CHRISTMAS!! I have to get this done first!!

[ ] Make a "to do" list for each list on your schedule. Walk around the house taking your lists with you. Write down EVERYTHING you would like to do in that room...if you don't get to it this go round...you'll have the list for the next round.

[ :nana: ] Front Porch: Wash the rug or get a new one. the bottom of the L has come off. it now says WEI COME.

[ :nana: ] Clean the light fixture.

[ :nana: ] Remove all things from the porch and put them away. Toys, shovels, bags of salt etc.
Yes girls.....dead pumpkins also....they must go...and any leftover Christmas as well. I removed my dead pumpkin almost TWO weeks ago.

[ :nana: ] Sweep/Shovel the porch. If it's warm where you are...mop it as well.

[ :nana: ] Sweep down the walls and get rid of cobwebs.

[ ] Look at the hedges and the beds around your front porch. Jot down notes or ideas for spring plantings. hedges are under 3 ft of snow...but I will get started on my spring planning!

[ :nana: ] Now check out the drive way. Is there trash that needs to be pitched or stuff that needs returned to it's home? Do that now. Driveway also under three feet of snow!

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Finish removing CHRISTMAS! Done

[ ] Make a "to do" list for each list on your schedule. Walk around the house taking your lists with you. Write down EVERYTHING you would like to do in that room...if you don't get to it this go round...you'll have the list for the next round. - in progress

Remove all things from the porch and put them away. Done

Sweep the porch. Done

[ ] Look at the hedges and the beds around your front porch. Jot down notes or ideas for spring plantings.

[ ] Replant containers with impatience.

[ ] Replant around water feature.

[ ] Put some bleach in water feature.

Dust/wax bench. Done

[ ] Polish front entry doors.

[ ] Clean door hardware.

[ ] Now check out the drive way. Is there trash that needs to be pitched or stuff that needs returned to it's home?

Grannyloveschristmas

Retire Member
Jan 3, 2008
South East of UK
Thank You Gingerbug, :applause:
list is printed and i'm ready to go. It's actually making me look forward to all this cleaning just so i can tick things off! although it's been raining off and on all day so i need some better weather this week. :rain:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here's an idea for those with bad weather...use this week for making your lists for each week and switch out another week for the cleaning part...we can pick up the front porch the last week if needed...

But a must is....

[ ] Christmas...don't worry I have some too....lol
[ ] Make a list for each room or area in your home

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas

[ :-D ] Front Porch: Wash the rug or get a new one

[ N/A ] Clean the light fixture. (We replaced ours last week)

[ :-D ] Remove all things from the porch and put them away. Toys, shovels, bags of salt etc.
Yes girls.....dead pumpkins also....they must go...and any leftover Christmas as well.

[ :-D ] Sweep the porch. If it's warm where you are...mop it as well.

[ N/R ] Wash the windows if it's warm enough...otherwise we will get those the last week of the plan or during the next go round

[ N/A ] Look at the hedges and the beds around your front porch. Jot down notes or ideas for spring plantings.

[ N/R ] Front Door: need painting? Either do it now or add it to the list for the next go round.

[ N/R ] Now check out the drive way. Is there trash that needs to be pitched or stuff that needs returned to it's home? Do that now.

[ ] Celebrate your hard work by getting a new rug or wreath for your porch. Or make one if you are so inclined.

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
My list for the porch:

[]Hose down (walls and floor)
[]Stain concrete (will have to wait until it is warmer, but at least it is on the list)
[ :-D ]Put new porch chairs out
[]Buy a small table for in between porch chairs (going with a plant stand)
[]Clean out gutters (will have to wait until it is warmer)
[]Replace garden hose (again, warmer no need for it now)

The rest will have to wait until it is warmer. My hose sprays all over you when you use it. I would be an icicle!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
My front porch is in good shape, so I'm working on the laundry room and making lists for the rest of the house. I do want to paint the porch, rails and front door, but DH says we need to wait until it warms up a little..he'll be the one to do it, so I guess we'll do it when he wants to!

We worked on the boys' room yesterday and it looks so good! We did the closet, the bookcases, the cabinet where their clothes used to live and the room itself. I am so happy to have it done, plus it frees up another week later in the plan for something else!

I have to confess that I do have Christmas still on the porch, but I leave it up until after Valentine's Day. I have the garland and ribbon still on the porch rails, and giant acrylic snowflakes hanging from the rails. I also have a small 4' tree in a flowerpot, but it has lots of ivy on it and a bow. I don't turn on the lights. I also used ivy on the garlands, so it's not strictly Christmas. I'll take it down later in the plan.

The laundry room-that's another story! Again, I want to paint but DH said he'll do it, too. I'm going to work on it an hour each day, then it'll be ready for him when he gets time to paint. We're painting the walls white (very much not like me-I like COLOR!!) and the cabinets and shelves black (distressed looking, not shiny). Then I'll feel more like being out there!! LOL!

I'll work on lists and laundry today, then be ready to start decluttering in the morning!

Good Luck, everyone!! :leprechaun:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I made my list for each room several days ago!! And my Christmas has been all packed up since before New Year's. I rearranged the schedule so this week was my Entryway Week and I got that finished a couple days ago.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Great Job...Mrs Soup...isn't it nice to be ahead of the game!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Yes it is, especially with my classes starting tomorrow and my dad and stepmom coming down. LOL

jmgconner

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
[ ] Front Porch: Sweep and vacuum the rug.

[ ] Clean the glider, pew, and bench.

[ ] Clean screens.

[ ] Clean shutters.

[ ] Wash windows.

[X] Sweep the porch.

[ ] Wash the glass door.

[ ] Clean the front door.

[X] Sweep the driveway and sidewalk.

[ ] Clean out the end of the gutter.

[ ] Celebrate your hard work by getting a new rug or wreath for your porch. Or make one if you are so inclined. ???? Hmmm, something to think about. :)

AmyBear

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007

[ :heartbeat: ] Hang Valentine's wreath - 1/13

[ ] Front Porch: Wash the rug or get a new one

[ ] [ ] Clean the light fixtures.

[N/A] Remove all things from the porch and put them away. Toys, shovels, bags of salt etc.

[ ] Wash the windows if it's warm enough...otherwise we will get those the last week of the plan or during the next go round

[N/A] Front Door: need painting? Either do it now or add it to the list for the next go round.

[N/A] Now check out the drive way. Is there trash that needs to be pitched or stuff that needs returned to it's home? Do that now.

[ ] Put up Valentine's decorations

VictorianChristmas

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
Oregon
Ok I am going to try this. Today I did the garden by the front portch (a little weedy), added some bark dust I had left over from summer, took out two dead-ish plants, planted ferns, swept the front and got rid of the cob webs, cleaned the light fixture, put up my Valentine wreath on the door, washed the door, and washed the side windows. Oh yes took my lights down from Christmas I was out there all day. I am happy about this!

:party:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
You GO VictorianChristmas...that is awesome...and doesn't it make it a bit nicer to walk up to the front door...you really got something accomplished....I'm next...I'm working on my list tomorrow night!!!

Santa Baby

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Southern California

[1/12 ] Make a "to do" list for each list on your schedule. Walk around the house taking your lists with you. Write down EVERYTHING you would like to do in that room...if you don't get to it this go round...you'll have the list for the next round.

[ ] Front Porch: Wash the rug or get a new one - replace Snowman rug for regular one

[ ] Clean the three light fixtures.

[n/a ] Remove all things from the porch and put them away. Toys, shovels, bags of salt etc.

[ ] Look at the hedges and the beds around your front porch. Jot down notes or ideas for spring plantings. pull the weeds

[ n/a] Front Door: need painting? Either do it now or add it to the list for the next go round.

[ n/a] Now check out the drive way. Is there trash that needs to be pitched or stuff that needs returned to it's home? Do that now.

this is going to be my biggest challenge, I hope I have enough paper...lol
[ ::candyheart: ] Front Porch: Wash the rug or get a new one
no outside rug to wash
[ ::candyheart: ] Clean the light fixture.all good

[ ] Remove all things from the porch and put them away. Toys, shovels, bags of salt etc.
Yes girls.....dead pumpkins also....they must go...and any leftover Christmas as well.have to bring in some boxes still

[ ::candyheart: ] Sweep the porch. If it's warm where you are...mop it as well.lawn guy takes care of that on tuesday with the leaf blower...lol

[ ] Sweep down the walls and get rid of cobwebs.have to spray down the exterior with the hose

will do interiors for sure
[ ::candyheart: ] Look at the hedges and the beds around your front porch. Jot down notes or ideas for spring plantings.rental home so no new unless potted and we have a mole running around our front yard right now...acckk

[ ::candyheart: ] Front Door: need painting? Either do it now or add it to the list for the next go round.in a rental home so can't change the hideous wall and door decor they have here

[ ::candyheart: ] Now check out the drive way. Is there trash that needs to be pitched or stuff that needs returned to it's home? Do that now. nope, dad would have a heartattack

[ ] Celebrate your hard work by getting a new rug or wreath for your porch. Or make one if you are so inclined.ooh might just do this