June 2010 Rudy Day!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
June is upon as. Do you know what that means? It means that we will be 6 months out from Christmas Day! 6 months! We have made it to the halfway point! After June we will be closer to Christmas than January - do I hear cheering? I believe I do!

What are you going to do for Rudy Day in June? Did you use May to plot out summer Rudy Day plans? What is on your agenda!

Remember - it's okay to wear wooly winter Christmas socks on your Rudy Day no matter what anyone else says!!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Oh fun!! half way there. I will be out of town around that date so I am taking my small tub that I got last rudy day and it has the stuff to make Christmas cards in it. So I hope to take some time (we are renting a cabin in the mts so not a lot of going a lot a relaxing) and work on it. I can't easily get to my Christmas t-shirts but I should pack some Christmas socks to wear and I already have some Christmas music on my iPod to listen to. Past that I have not planned much more.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Hard to believe that we will be half way to Christmas!!

My movie for June is Holiday Inn. I am having so much fun watching all of these old Christmas movies. I have enjoyed all of them so far. I was just thinking last night about what I am going to do for my Rudy Days in 2011. Maybe I will watch them all again!!

I am starting to feel inspired to make some Christmas cards, so I think I will get started on these as well.

Can't wait!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
June already!!!! I am torn between excited and horrified that Christmas 2010 is only 6 months away. Where is the time going?
This Rudy day I would like to check how I am going with crafts and try and finish/start what I am working on.
I would also like to go through some recipe books and see what exciting things I can bake and maybe try one or two of those. I would like to talk to the children about their plans for this year and what their thoughts are about celebrating this year. It has already been suggested that we have a very casual get together on the day that we decorate and maybe have a wine and cheese sort of event.
Lots to think about isn't there?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
June Rudy Day! Well...... I AM following the Summer HGP (Holiday Grand Plan)..... so I KNOW that things, at home, will be more organized and decluttered for our June Rudy Day. (By the way - jump in to the Summer HGP any time --- we each make our own schedule of rooms -- so you can arrange it to suit your own life!)

In June.... BEFORE Rudy Day.... there will be a number of extended family events....... including the visit from ds#1, ddil#1 and dgd......... and this weekend's wedding on Cape Cod. These events will be celebrated and treasured as part of my Christmas 2010 celebration. Everyone and everything can't be squished into one month, for me. I take my Christmas celebrations whenever and wherever I can. And... as many as I can!

So..... Rudy Day will be shortly after these long and intense celebrations. (Might as well acknowledge that they will be costly. We have been saving and preparing for them.) So, at this point, I'm not sure what I will want to do for Rudy Day. Aside from being thankful.

AND.... Gingerbug has set up June as our Christmas Notebook Month. So..... hopefully I will be working on, and enjoying, my Christmas Notebook.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Oh I'll definitely be wearing my Christmas socks! Lol! I'm thinking that this Rudy Day I'll probably not have much time as I'm off to Florida a few days after but I plan to have a Christmas special playing on the TV in the background as I prepare. I also can't believe that it's June already! It's scary how quick the time is passing. DD10 is back to school today after being off for half term and already school is starting to wind down! I'm not a fan of the Summer heat but I do love this time of year and that "end of term" feeling.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
happy2beme- I like the old movies as well. They quit showing Holiday Inn on TV so I was so excited to find it last yr at Walmart to add to my collection

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Today I went to the bookstore to look for our CIJ Book of the Month - The Christmas Cookie Club. I could not remember the author, but I knew the title. The young man that helped me did not say any thing at first when I asked if they had the book. After several minutes of looking he told me that no, they did not have it. Then he casually mentioned that it would probably be available closer to the holiday. I looked at him for a minute and finally said "have you not heard of Christmas in July?" Hark, he had not!

Because I'm surrounded by people with like interests I sometimes forget that others don't think about Christmas the way I/we do. I left him after saying "then I suppose you don't celebrate Rudolph Day on the 25th of each month"...he looked stunned for a moment and then said "no, but maybe I should." Perhaps I spread a little Christmas cheer today. Perhaps he talked about the crazy Christmas woman he helped at work today. Either way I am honored to celebrate Rudy Day with all of you!

The June Rudy Day always sends a bit of panic through me. Much like Katrina, I too don't know if I should be happy or horrified. The June Rudy Day hits me harder than others because I sort of think in blocks. Summer is a block, Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving is a block and Christmas is a box. That being said, I only have three blocks of Rudy days left!!!

I've decided my June Rudy Day will be spent planning my summer block and in July and August I'll do fun things.

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am glad that this month's Rudy Day is on a Friday - that will make it easier for me to have a Rudy Weekend!!! :)

I need to get serious about my lists and my gift buying plans! I usually start tucking away Christmas gifts starting in June so that would put me right on target.

Time is going to really speed up once CIJ is over!

I am grateful for MHH and the Rudolph Club for keeping me somewhat on track - it has been hard to be as organized this year what with our new little one and DH's arm surgeries.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
AuntJamelle - I know your little one is still quite little, but have you thought about any new traditions that you'd like to start?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Kim..love your post about the guy in the bookshop. I think it is so funny when I go into a shop and ask for help and the say is this for a birthday and I say no it is for Christmas. You get some very strange looks. I am starting to talk to the girls at work about CIJ and I may as well be talking a different language. They just don't get it!!!!

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
For Rudy Day this month, I think I will look through the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Dream book on line. I'll listen to some Christmas music and sip on hot chocolate. I'll also try to turn up the AC!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Merry.. it is getting much colder here so I will be turning up the heat, sipping hot chocolate and dreaming about Christmas.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
KimLovesSnow - Both DH and I are very excited for this Christmas with our little man! Mostly we have talked about incorporating him into traditions we already have - like driving around to look at the Christmas lights...

DH's family has always done their big gift exchange on Christmas Eve - I would like to have a traditional Christmas morning experience with the little guy. Waking up to find Santa has brought the presents under the tree, etc.

It is going to be so great! I can't wait to see his face the first time he sees a lighted Christmas tree!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AuntJamelle, enjoy your first christmas with the little man. It is a special time. Take lots of photos, and video if you can. It will be interesting to watch his love of Christmas develop over the years because of your influence. My kids 21 and 17 love Christmas even if they think that I am a bit OTT.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
June 13th today. AND.... June is a "short" month..... only 30 days. I LOVE looking at the countdown -- which Gingerbug put on the MHH Home Page. It shows beautiful, soft, fluffy snow falling gracefully!

Today.... it was 80 degrees and really, really humid....... BEFORE 8:00 in the morning. Thank goodness for air conditioning and television!!!! And...... our beloved internet, of course!

On this thread, I read that Kim Loves Snow will be making her summer plans! And.... with two little boys..... her summer is very busy! My summer plans are very simple" to survive. And.... to have some Christmas joy along the way.

Of course, ds#1 and his family arrive today..... and the next week will be absolutely wonderful. The cousins love to b together -- and we all love to see them being together!!!!

And... instead of being sad when they leave..... I will segue right into Rudolph Day!!! Which means -- I'll be cele brating early -- and long -- this month!!!!

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
SparkleNana I'm glad your son and his family are visiting you this week. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time visiting. I know that sad feeling you feel when they leave. Isn't it great to have Christmas and all our planning ??

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Aunt Jamelle, one tradition which I thought was lovely, was getting a nice book of the poem "Twas the night before Christmas", and reading this on Christmas Eve every year. I found a nice copy before DD's first Christmas, and I keep it in the box with the decorations (we have other Christmas books too which live on the bookshelf - but this is special and I don't want it lost). The first reading it gets every year is on Christmas Eve, and then it does get another few outings before the tree is put away again. DD loves it as it is a special book "just" for Christmas.

As for Rudy day this month, I think I will have to start to dedicate myself to the crafting pile that is not getting any smaller (and the gifts pile that needs to get larger!). I have my excel list looking reasonable - but I need to start adding "item bought" ticks to it now!!