June 20th - July 3rd Dining Room or Any Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This is the last "formal" period of Jumpstart January! The rest of July and August -- in this plan -- will be maintaining.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Today -- for Dining Room Week - I have been sorting "serving dishes". I have more than I use. And -- I have MANY more than I have room for. It seems so great to have lots of big serving dishes for big parties. Very festive! But.... I hardly ever have big parties. When I go to them... they are usually pot-luck.

So...... I guess it is time to donate them to the Thrift Shop. Not ALL of them... but a good percentage of them!

Slowyl but surely.... trying to get things cleared out... spacious..... not cluttered!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Wow SN - I'm impressed! Getting rid of serving pieces is difficult for me. Buying more - much easier! I sure am glad I don't know which thrift store you are stopping at because I'd probably be waiting in the parking lot to buy them right from your trunk! :0)

christmas32

Retire Member
Dec 26, 2009
I did really great with this thread from January through April, then work was intense and its all gone by the wayside. However, I have tried to keep up by just doing little things. I emptied a few totes full of junk the other night, and all the bedrooms are still fairly organized and tidy. Think I"ll use July and August to fill in where I missed. Thanks for posting.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmas32 -- I think we are all finally realizing that WHATEVER we do to declutter -- is a good step forward! AND..... we can actually build on that...... when we pick it up again! We are NOT alone here! WE ALL GET STOPPED BY "REAL LIFE". AND WE ALL HELP EACH OTHER...... get back ON again!

I guess we just simply CANNOT control "Real Life". It stops us from our decluttering/organizing........ for days.... or weeks.... or years! Thank Goodness that our MHH Family is waiting, with open arms, to welcome us back again!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I just read a post saying that whenever the writer looked at "the whole elephant" (her cluttered home) -- she go overwhelmed and paralyzed. She had to keep reminding herself that "the way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time"..... and she has to just look at the next bite! :turkey: