June GPD - How did you get on ?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Did anyone do GPD on Friday 13th? If so how did you get on, what did you acheive?

I didn't do as much as I wouldv'e liked so I may have another go on 31st if my schedule allows.

I updated my Party bag inventory.

Sorted out my menu, although it is subject to change if I find any more great ideas.

Outlined some decoratiing ideas.

:hat:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Good for you!!!
I read a really good book!
http://www.amazon.com/Whispering-Witche ... 255&sr=8-1
and she has another coming out this month! Hope the library gets it!
I'm waiting for some more pictures for my Halloween banner, so I'll have to celebrate on the 31st as well! Oh WELL! ;-)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Unfortunately I didn't do much as of yet. I plan to tackle that this week since i'll be out of town on the 30th.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
There is no 31st in June - so I do not plan to do anything for GPD - except maybe buy a candy bar and eat it. :eek:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I did a bit more work on Halloween these last couple of days.

Wrote out a shopping list for food and decorations to buy. Also wrote a supply list for things I need for the decorations I would like to make and also things needed for the games I have planned.

My list for next month is:-

Find out the book list for the rest of the year.

Write a master 'To Do' list.

Double check the shopping lists I have written.

Plan tableware (which food is going in which bowl etc)

Maybe if I get chance I'll tackle this before July GPD as I want to dedicate as much time as possible to Christmas in July.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Mine is just a kids party for my daughter and about 10 of her friends, (my son doesn't like Halloween) and I'm hoping I'll have a couple of adult helpers. Here are my plans so far.

Food

Halloween burgers
Cheesy moons
Coffin shaped sandwiches
Spiders web pizza
Creepy claws
Witches hat cookies
Witches finger cookies
Popcorn
frozen orange and Ice cream Jack o'lanterns
Halloween punch

I may get my DH to do some stuff on the bbq but it depends on the weather here in UK as it is usually very cold and wet on Halloween. May also let off a few fireworks to coincide with Bonfire Night. Will have to see nearer the time.

Decorations

I'm planning on having the party in our garage and have bought about 35 metres of black fabric to drape around the walls and will then decorate with some skeletons, spiders, tombstones etc

The table I have decided on is one from last years Martha Stewart magazine, it is draped with a white crumpled gauze and then decorated around the rim with black crepe paper cut into zig-zags.

Games

Guess the weight of the pumpkin
how many Halloween candies in a jar
Left and Right game
Pin the tail on the cat
Pumpkin toss
Squash bowling
Spin the bottle
Musical tombstones

Well thats about it for the moment. Will let you know if I come up with anything else.

:hula:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Snowbelle 27 you should start your boobash journal under GPD... it's fun to follow! and sure looks like a nice party!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
jackfrosty said:
whats the left and right game?

Everyone sits in a circle and someone starts holding a gift, you read out a story mentioning the words 'left' and 'right' every time these are mentioned the gift must be passed in the appropriate direction. Whoever is holding the gift when the story ends wins the gift.

I haven't written my story yet but it will go along the lines.......

'One dark, rainy night I left my house at 7.30, at the end of the drive I turned right etc...'

I don't think I've explained this very well, hope it makes sense.

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
I'm going to try and do GPD this Sunday. I just need to work on our "Fall Birthday Bash". 3 of 4 kids plus son-in-law have birthdays within 6 weeks of each other in the fall so it is just easier to do a large party in the middle of October and let them invite whoever. They are all adults now so it makes a nice excuse to just all get together and have a picnic before the weather turns too cold.

So far all I have done is pick the date. I have all my notes from last year. Just need to make new lists based on those notes.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Qltmrkt - what a great idea you have -- celebrating those birthdays together, and letting them invite whoever they like! Sounds really nice and like a lot of fun! :pink: