Katrina's word...STRIVE

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Hmm, does he feel he should suck it up or does he like your pampering too. lol

Diedra how wise you are LOL Katrina you're doing a great job. TFS

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Journal update,
so far it has been a great week. It is the first week that we have all been back at work and we have that "first week" enthusiasm that lasts about 10 more days LOL.
Beds are being made as soon as they are empty, lunches are being made before bed at night, and we are all connecting with each other at this stage.

I know next week we will stay in bed just for a few more minutes and we will be a little more disorganised. I will strive to keep the momentum going.

Any way off to make the lunches and get to bed at a reasonable time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Journal update,

Being aware of how I speak to DH is paying off. If I am tired and feeling snappy I take a deep breath before speaking. It has helped avoid unpleasantness over the past few days. I find we are actually speaking nicer to each other.

Financially, I realise there are only a few things I can control with the finances. I can't control the price of petrol or insurance etc, but I can control what I buy from the supermarket and at the mall. I am really concentrating when writing the shopping list, and sticking to it. I am also really aware of what I spend in other shops. As I am decluttering it helps if I look at an item and say,
do I love it, where will it go, will I be throwing it out this time next year. So far it has helped.
I am also writing in my Christmas note book that the kids do not need tons of gifts under the tree. There is no point buying things if the REALLY don't need it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH and I have been really working hard in the house. We have completely deep cleaned the loungeroom and the bedroom. He has done everything I have asked, and I have tried to do things with out asking him..It has worked out well for us.
The house is really coming together. I have always thought that it was comfy, but just by deep cleaning and tweaking a few things it seems more so.

Kids are doing well. DS had a list of chores to do yesterday on his day off and managed to do them all. I had to make sure that I told him what a good job he had done.

DD worked really hard this week at 2 jobs. I have noticed though that when she is tired she gets quite snippy. (she takes after me). I must learn to give her space when she gets home from work.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm enjoying reading your insights, Katrina!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Annie. I really hope that I will still enjoy journalling by the end of the year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Journal update,
End of January closing in and it has been a busy month for us all.

DD worked 3 jobs this month and has accepted a job with my company as a dental nurse. I am really proud of the way she has worked out. My boss is thrilled with her considering she has never done this type of work before. My co workers think that she is great and is doing a good job. It is also nice because when she gets home WE have our job to talk about.
What I do have to be careful about is, technically I am her boss so I have to make sure what goes on at work stays there.

DS has just had his 4th anniversary at his job. I am proud of him too as we always worried that he would never be able to hold down a job. He has a great work ethic and loves his company. At home though he is a complete mess. I can not get him to do anything. I wish I could get him to clean his room, and tidy up a little. I am not sure when I give up on him and just accept that this is the way he is.

The money side of things are improving. We have come up with a few strategies to make our money work harder for us and although it is early in the year some of it seems to be working. It has been an expensive time of year with DDs birthday, our anniversary and my car registration all happening but I think we are doing OK.

DH and I have had a good month. I am trying hard to work on our relationship. It is not in a bad way, it could just be tweaked a little. On Feb 22nd we will be married for 25 years, and you don't get that far if you don't love each other. Sometimes you just have to work a bit harder. Any way I want to be with him forever so if it takes a little hardwork to achieve that it will be worth it.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Good job Katrina, sounds like things are going well for you. I'm enjoying having a focus word as well. My daughter is surely reminding me as well. Congrats on 25 years. I can't even imagine?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Michelle. It honestly feels like yesterday that Jamie and I met and fell in love. It was very quick, we went out for 4 months and then got engaged. I was 19 and he was 21 and everyone said we were too young to make it last.
I love him more today than I did then so I guess they were wrong.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Journal update,
Things are going OK here at the moment.
DD has really settled well into her job with my company. I am really enjoying having her there with me and she is actually a delight to work with. The boss was so impressed with her that he gave her a pay rise of $2 per hour. She has really worked hard and deserves the pay increase. My co-workers find her hard working and easy to get along with.

DS is still working hard at his job. There is the chance of some changes in his work over the next few months that he is excited about. Hopefully they will work out for him. He is going through some personal issues at the moment which we are trying hard to help him out with. It is difficult to see your kids struggling and know that there is not much you can do to help them. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

DH and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary in 2 days time. It is a lovely thing to have been married to him for so long. He really is the love of my life and I know that with him by my side I can deal with most things. We will probably not do too much this week in the way of celebrating but I think in a few weeks time we will go out for dinner or something like that. I really do not need a gift or anything for him to say that he loves me. I know that he does.

As for the home, it is coming along. The decluttering and room a month programs that I have been working on here have made all the difference to the house. I need to concentrate on feeding the family better, more healthy meals. I find that in the summer with the heat and other activities that it is harder to feed them a proper meal of meat and vegetables.
Any way I am pleased with my efforts at the moment.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Journal update,
Well things have been pretty rocky here for me and I am trying hard to get back on track.
A few weeks ago I was feeling very unwell and the Dr has diagnosed me with anxiety and depression. I have stared on medication and therapy. It was a huge blow to me as I am hardly ever sick and to have to be on medication was very hard to take. I found that I was withdrawing from everything and everyone and really not myself. No one can explain why this has happened but I am taking steps to get better. After a few weeks of medications and the therapy sessions I am feeling a little better and I am glad about that.

So consequentially things around here have not been great. DH has been a strength and has cooked all meals and done most of the housework for the past few weeks while I was lying on the couch or in bed. The kids have been very supportive and have helped as much as they can. I am grateful to have them all. I feel for anyone that has to go through something like this by themselves.

Eventually I will get back to being me but in the meantime I have to look after myself so that I can get better and get back to being the wife and mum that my family deserve.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you, am starting to feel better.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina - do take care of yourself. You have a good family around you to help and you have all our support here.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Journal update,
Well things have been pretty rocky here for me and I am trying hard to get back on track.
A few weeks ago I was feeling very unwell and the Dr has diagnosed me with anxiety and depression. I have stared on medication and therapy. It was a huge blow to me as I am hardly ever sick and to have to be on medication was very hard to take. I found that I was withdrawing from everything and everyone and really not myself. No one can explain why this has happened but I am taking steps to get better. After a few weeks of medications and the therapy sessions I am feeling a little better and I am glad about that.

So consequentially things around here have not been great. DH has been a strength and has cooked all meals and done most of the housework for the past few weeks while I was lying on the couch or in bed. The kids have been very supportive and have helped as much as they can. I am grateful to have them all. I feel for anyone that has to go through something like this by themselves.

Eventually I will get back to being me but in the meantime I have to look after myself so that I can get better and get back to being the wife and mum that my family deserve.

Katrina I've fought that battle before. Try to take it one day at a time. The best you have for each day is all you can do. As Pam says "this too shall pass it didn't come to stay" HUGS

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you all for your support. I know that I am surrounded by love, I am extremely lucky.
I know that this is not here to stay, and I am determined not to let it take over my life.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Journal update,
Feeling much better nowadays. Funny how things can get on top of you. Medication is really working and the therapy helps alot. Hoping that I can start to cut back on the sessions very soon.
Things have been a little unsettled here but we are getting back on track. With me being unwell things have slid a bit and I am not as organized as usual. I feel that I am just standing still and not getting anything done. I will strive over the next few weeks to get back on track.

DS has been going through a rough patch, but with a lot of prayers, love and support he seems to be coming out of it. Being 22 is not so easy at times.
DD is happy, she has really settled into her job and is loving it. She went and got a tattoo last week which I am not too sure about!!! She likes it, so that is all that matters. She is a sensible girl so I don't worry about her too much.

Cannot believe that we are this close to June. Nearly half the year gone, and we are so much closer to Christmas. Luckily I have a lot of plans in my notebook so all I have to do is put the plan into action. With the approaching winter I hope that I will have time to get things done.
Anyway enough ramblings for now.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Katrina, it's good to hear that you are feeling better. Don't be too hard on yourself for the disorganization. As you get back into the swing of things, you'll get things back under control. (((HUGS)))

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jane, thanks so much for your kind words. Sometimes things just get a bit on top of me, but I will get back to where I need to be very soon.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina, I'm glad you are starting to feel better ((hugs)) to you and to all your family.