Ladies' Christmas Brunch

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I attended a wonderful event yesterday that I wanted to share with you all. My sister in law's church has a Ladies' Christmas Brunch every year. This was my first year to attend, but I sincerely hope it's not the last.

Each table had a hostess, who was responsible for decorating her own table and inviting her guests-most had 6, some had as many as 8. Each one brought their own china, flatware and glassware. It was so pretty looking over the room with all the colors of Christmas exhibited on the tables.

Our table had an emerald green cloth. We used my Christmas dishes and put a pedestal cake plate in the center of the table. We put a faux evergreen wreath around the base of the pedestal and topped the evergreen with a red berry wreath. Then we put my wedding chapel piece from my Snow Village on the cake plate, and a small trio of carolers beside the church. We sprinkled snowflakes on the wreathes, then tied up red napkins with sheer white ribbon and put a snowflake and a candy cane on each plate. We also had candy kisses sprinkled on the table.

We used her mother's gold-plated flatware and my "crystal" goblets-Dollar Tree bargains! But they look really, really fancy! LOL!

One table was especially gorgeous-black tablecloth, white china, silver candleabra with white candles and at each place setting she had a crystal vase with white roses and evergreens in them. She even used black velvet chair covers. It was so lovely.

Another table also stood out. She used a white tablecloth-btw, most of the tables are round. She used her wedding china from probably 50 years ago. It's white with a silver pattern, and she used white, silver and red glittery cones as her centerpiece. She used clear glass goblets and put red napkins in them, and then put cranberry red chargers under the plates. It was so, so pretty!

I had a blast-we had breakfast pizza, mini quiches, lots of fruit and a chocolate fountain! I've got to have one of those!! We had a guest who sang and another motivational guest speaker. It was great! I've posted pictures on my blog! Here's the link: http://www.holidayhamlet.blogspot.com

Hope you get some inspiration from this idea! I think I"m going to try to organize one of these brunches at our church for Valentine's Day. If I can't pull that off, I'll aim for next Christmas. We have about 1200 people in our church, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of response I get!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
This looks like it was so much fun! What a wonderful thing this church did for everyone. I love the themes of each table. You have inspired me to want to decorate more than I do. I do the very minimum when I entertain. Because of you next year one of my goals is to be more creative with my table and decorations. Thank you for sharing your life and creative talents with this board.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I agree with Ahorsesoul -- you are a true inspiration to us, Cathymac. Just reading about your decorating plans for your brunches/special occasions makes me want to be more creative there.

As for the ladies brunch, my old church did this, too! We called it a 'Ladies Christmas Tea'. The goal was to make each lady in attendance feel pampered and special. Each table was hosted by a lady or a group of ladies who were responsible for all the place settings/decorations. Some even left small wrapped gifts on each place! As a church, we each brought plates of finger sandwiches, salads and desserts. It was a small church, average Sunday attendance just over 200, but we filled up 8-10 tables every year.

I think this could be something a church your size could support for Valentine's Day, Cathymac. What a lovely idea, especially for the ladies who are single for whatever reason. Valentine's Day is so focused around couples that it's easy for a widow/single lady to feel decidedly unloved.