Let's Talk Mother's Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Hi,

What do you all have planned for Mother's Day? It will be a busy day here....our nephew is making his first holy communion and having a party afterwards and it will also be dd's 5th birthday, so it will be extra special for me as a mom. We will go to mass, then probably to sil's for a bite for lunch. In the evening, we'll have cake and ice cream with the grandparents and my brother for dd's birthday.

Any great gift ideas for mothers? I was thinking a spa day for the moms, but my mom isn't comfortable getting a massage, so that shoots that idea. We usually do hanging baskets, but I wanted to do something more, just not sure what.

Blessings,
Lisa

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
No plans here that I know of. It will probably be just another day.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Sis and I made plans today. We know we don't want to cook cause we are Moms too and Mom doesn't want to cook. So we have decided to go to the luncheon and Mothers Day party at Churchill Downs. It will be the week after the Derby and will still be busy and decorated. So it will be a nice day. Great food and lots of Horse fun for everyone including the little ones.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mothers day and my mums birthday are around the same time. Over the past few years we have gone out to a nice restaurant with an outside verandah and have had a lovely lunch. I am really looking forward to doing that again this year

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
We'll most likely have to take Mom and Mil out to lunch the Saturday before. Can you believe they scheduled a hockey tournament on Mothers Day?!! Since I have one in the 10's and one in the 12's, we will most likely by there ALL day. This of course has to be a big qualifier tournament, if you aren't there you don't go to the finals at the end of the season. Since ds10 is the goalie...I guess he kinda has to show up. My other choice is to become the most hated mother EVER! Oh well.... I'm glad my Mom and Mil actually prefer the day before anyway and I can make my kids feel guilty!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Have no plans for myself..I am working graves the night before, so I'll be sleeping some, but I guess I should think about it.

I think I'm sending my mom some tropical flowers from Hawaii. She lives out of state and loves Hawaiin flowers.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hhhhhmmm...... Mothers' Day....... it is a difficult choice, but I have decided to go to Churchill Downs with Dakotasmamaw and her dd! The decorations, the incredibly beautiful horses, the food..... yep! THAT is my choice!!!!!

If I do NOT get my first choic (see above)...... I will have take-out Thai food!!!! I wonder if a soccer game has ben scheduled for the grandsons? If so... that would be very nice!!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
No plans here that I know of. My kids have been grumbling and asking me what I want. How about to not be your mother!! I just love teenagers.