List of Ideas for Celebrate Me Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Let's generate a list of simple, easy, inexpensive ideas for Celebrate Me Day.....

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Read a book.
Add a cup of hot chocolate or tea, and cuddle up on the couch with a nice soft comfy blanket... and nice music to boot!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I had the same thought as Lucie!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Have a long soak in the tub.

An hour to yourself to craft/read/relax while DH deals with any and all demands from your kids.

A trip to the library or bookstore alone to browse, even if you buy nothing.

Use your good dishes and light candles for supper, even if you are eating regular everyday food.

Splurge on an inexpensive $10 bouquet of flowers for yourself.

A nice glass of wine/special coffee/decadent hot chocolate you keep just for your celebrate day.

Go donate blood and celebrate that you have the power to save someone else.

Wear the perfume you don't usually wear very often or the necklace you only wear on special days.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
If you're a makeup person- buy an expensive lipstick. I'm talkin at the makeup counter at a department store.

Not a lipstick person- treat yourself to a nice eyeshadow or mascara.

Not a makeup person- Treat yourself to some nice moisturizer.

Annie

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Go to the department store and have the make- up counter ladies do a mini makeover

Go to the florist and pick out a single beautiful flower and enjoy it until it fades.

Take a walk in a park you have never been to today.

Go to a museum and walk around as long as you like.

Dig out your old "music" --- listen to some music you haven't listened to in a while,oldies from the soundtrack to your life and let it transport you back to a different time and place

-organize and clean-up your IPOD, make-up drawer

- start a journal

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Have a long soak in the tub.

An hour to yourself to craft/read/relax while DH deals with any and all demands from your kids.

A trip to the library or bookstore alone to browse, even if you buy nothing.

Use your good dishes and light candles for supper, even if you are eating regular everyday food.

Splurge on an inexpensive $10 bouquet of flowers for yourself.

A nice glass of wine/special coffee/decadent hot chocolate you keep just for your celebrate day.

Go donate blood and celebrate that you have the power to save someone else.

Wear the perfume you don't usually wear very often or the necklace you only wear on special days.

I love the fact of blood donation! I wouldn't be here if someone...people I didn't even know...hadn't donated blood on my behalf. Alas, I cannot donate, as I have had hepatitis, but I would in a heart beat if I could. My two oldest kids do whenever they can, too. DS2 has had mono, and can never donate. What a gift of love that is, Canadian Jingles!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This thread is brilliant! this will be a GREAT resource for us!

Let's see.... how about telephoning a friend who always leaves you feeling good whenever you talk to her!

If there is something at the grocery store that you don't buy.. because you're the only one who likes it, go buy that item and enjoy it!

Forget all the million things that usually keep you up much too late at night.... and go to bed really early! You can go to bed to read... and fall asleep as soon as it pleases you!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sparklenana I like the idea of phoning a friend. How about writing a letter to a friend? with nice paper & why not add some perfume to it??

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Use that day as a reminder to do your monthly self exam. Self exams can sometimes lead to early detection of lumps. What a better way to celebrate yourself than be proactive in your health.

Belles

Retire Member
Okay now, do not laugh..I am very serious about this. If you really want to do something to make yourself feel good, it doesn't matter your age or size this really works.
Get rid of your ragged old underwear and go buy yourself some pretty sexy undies! You will not believe how something so simple can improve your self esteem and confidence. Feeling pretty underneath makes you feel pretty on the outside. Someone made me try this years ago and it made an amazing difference to me.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Belles- I agree with you on this! Before my surgery I did this- mostly because I didn't want the doctors and hospital staff seeing my ratty undies. And, it DOES make you feel so much better about yourself! I'm going to get MORE!

Annie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
great idea. I have an assortment of undies b/c I get those great free underware coupons from Victoria Secret. I might not buy some of them normally but a great excuse to buy something out of the norm.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I like to go to the bookstore or library (without kids) and browse through magazines that I would never buy! Sometimes you find the greatest ideas!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
For Summer Celebrate Me Days.....

Use cucumbers and have a cucumber facial

Make flavored ice tea and sip it while sitting under a BIG shade tree or on the pation with a book.

Buy new flip flops

Buy new sunglasses

Get a spray tan (better for the skin)

Go to the zoo

Sit in the flower garden and enjoy nature

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
take some extra time under the shower.. not only shower and hop out..
perhaps light a scented candle, use a lovely body scrub you only use at these special days and spoil yourself with a lovely body cream and drink your coffee in your bathrobe afterwards

allow yourself to take it 1 1/2 hours... at least with no rush...
HEAVEN..