Looking forward to Halloween being done...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
...my kids are 14 and 10 and so we're starting to plan fun activities to supplement trick or treating. This year we're hanging with another family, doing pumpkin painting at the farmer's market, making mini pizzas etc. I find it harder and harder to find wholesome activities withour gore or violence for older kids and I'm finding I hav less and less patience with Halloween. ;) lol

I can't WAIT for Halloween to be over, so I can focus solely on Christmas!! Our Canadian thanksgiving is in Oct, so after November 11th (Remembrance Day), it's the next holiday on the calendar! :)

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
zchristy I love Halloween. My teens (18 & 20) don,t care much for Halloween anymore, I'm the one planning & decorating & doing a boobash for adults. But presently I'm tired and I want it to be done to go on to Christmas too :)

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I'm looking forward to focusing on the Christmas Countdown.
However I'm going to enjoy tonight and tomorrow! I just have to sew some fur(not real) on boots and a vest for my little viking and he will be ready. And tonight we will carve our pumpkins and have a halloween supper with my in-laws! I just hope the weather cooperates for the trick or treaters!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I am just okay with Halloween. :pumpkin:

Was a little more fun when I could sew little cute costumes for my boys - now that they are older, I could pass.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I love Halloween!!!!

Unfortunately DD is still too young for a Halloween Party. This year it will be her first Halloween! I decorate our home, scarve a pumpkin and put on my Halloween Clothes. Also some children of our neighbourhood will go around with trick or treat - of course I have some sweets for them. We will not have any scary food this year as I haven't hat time to prepare.

I am looking forward to Halloween! I will scarve my pumpkin and finish front door decoration tomorrow.

Chilli

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am glad that we do not celebrate it here. I find it hard enough to get ready for Christmas without worrying about Halloween. I do see it though creeping into the shops and supermarkets more. This year one of our big supermarkets had pumpkins for sale for carving, they were $25 each. I think I will pass
Hope that you all have a good weekend though.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I've never been a big fan of Halloween, and now that my daughter is in college, there just isn't really anything to do. This will only be my 2nd Halloween here, we didn't get any trick or treaters last year, but I have candy just in case, as we'll be home watching football.

I'm looking forward to it being over, can then think more about Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Our town celebrated Halloween today. We enjoyed all the festivities but I'm glad it's over. We might take DGD to one of the area churches Fall festival tomorrow evening.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
For some reason, this year, I had no desire to decorate for Fall or Halloween. I don't like the creepy decorations, but do like the cute, whimsical decorations. I was really looking foreward to it back in the summer, but lost the desire when the time came. Now I'm glad I don't have any of it to put away and glad it will be over tomorrow. I'm really ready to move on to Christmas. I'm feeling really stressed. I'm considering decorating for Christmas the week before Thanksgiving this year. I've never done it that early before, but I'm so bummed to find out my kids have travel team tournaments every weekend from Thanksgiving through the weekend before Christmas :( . With all their hockey practices, in house games and religious ed, we don't have one single night off during the week either :( :( . I'm really feeling the pinch because my youngest will be out of school beginning Thanksgiving weekend too. I really need to get alot of things done these next couple of weeks. I'm determined I AM going to relax and enjoy this Christmas.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I like the cute stuff too, jinglemom! We have friends who are involved with alot of travel with hockey. It's their first year and they're finding it hard too. I'm determined to follow the Christmas countdown this year-I can't handle being unprepared-too stressful! I'm excited to get going for Christmas!

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Good thinking about the countdown JackFrosty! Once I fall off the cleaning plan, I always forget I can pick up again with the Countdown. We're leaving for practice in a few minutes. I'm getting myself a pumpkin mocha, bringing my comfy socks, notebooks and a few Christmas books. I'm going to have some rudy time in my car :) . Because of dh's schedule 90% of hockey, Christmas, and everything falls on me. He is feeling pretty guilty and I think I'm getting a new couch lol :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yep... the Christmas Countdown saves me every time!!!! Because... I fall off the other plans every year! Well..... that's life. No harm done! We have two beautiful months (until he 24th of December, anyway).... to indulge our love of "getting ready for Christmas!" Woo Hoo!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Halloween is officially over = 120 halloweeners. Now on to Christmas!