Missing You

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Just stopping by quickly to say hello and see you during Christmas in July 2015. We are moving from the East Coast (Virginia) to the West Coast (Washington) and it's taken up all of my July this year. Not a moment to spare when I'm surrounded by home inventory tasks, packing boxes, and cleaning as I go so that we pass inspection (good ol' government quarters)! Even though the Navy moves us, there is so much prep work to be done to make sure that we're not faced with chaos when we get to our new location. Found a house from 3000 miles away, arranged to ship our vehicles, got our daughter enrolled at university...it all takes time. Thank you to those of you who have sent messages wondering where I was - I've just spent five minutes reading a few posts and I have to go before that Christmas longing takes over and I get farther behind on today's to-do list.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas in July 2014!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hello Pamela! Nice to hear from you.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Hi PamelaG, sounds like you have your hands full. Nice to see you stop by.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Pamela, we wish you the very best of luck and prayers for a flawless move. Can't wait to hear from you once you are all settled in and ready to turn your new home into a Christmas paradise. LOL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Pam! missed you too.. sometimes I went to your blog just to see if there were any updates. Do tell us how the move goes and can't wait to see more of you here.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Pamela...so nice to see you! What a move! Wishing you safe travels and an easy transition!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Pam, praying you have an uneventful move to Washington. Check in and let us know you got there okay. It may be fun decorating a new house for all the holidays!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Hi Pamela! Gosh that is quite a move-no worries here-we will just be excited to hear about all the new cool Christmas stuff you find out there! Check in when you can-we'll be here :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have often wondered what you were up to!!! You always had CIJ post. Safe moving! You will be decrapified when you get to your new house. You won't have to do the holiday plan cleaning!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hope that the move goes well and that when you settle you find the time to post regularly.

It is sad when we don't hear from people and joyful when they pop in and say Hi.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I just seriously thought abuot you this morning!

How did I miss this thread?!

SO NICE to hear from you!

Annie

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Hello Again!

Hello, everyone, I'm back! It's taken forever to get organized after our East Coast to West Coast move but we are loving life in the Evergreen State of Washington - finally! It is so gorgeous here, we'd stay forever if the Navy would let us.

It's been quite a whirlwind almost eight months now of getting settled in our new home, sending our daughter off to college, and getting re-adjusted to my husband's new work schedule but I signed on to the Forums this morning and I'm ready for Rudy Days and Christmas in July. I was sorry to have missed the sign-ups for the CIJ Ornament Swap but I'm marking my calendar right now for next year so I don't miss out again.

Looking forward to reading your posts and chatting about all things Christmas!