Move It Out Monday 1/10/11

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Tomorrow is another MOVE IT OUT MONDAY......I REALLY want to move some stuff out this week...didn't do as well as I'd have liked last week....

So what are you planning to MOVE OUT?

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
I didn't do it on Monday, I actually ended up doing it yesterday. Got rid of a lot of STUFF from my bedroom. But there is still more that needs to go. I think that I'll keep working in there. I don't think I realized how much JUNK I really had in there.

:santa:

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I have some Christmas decorations that need to go to a new home. I'm working on decluttering the basement and the first phase of that project is going through the Christmas decorations. I'm almost finished!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a bag of old clothes from DH wardrobe. A little knick knack shelf from DD room. Off to the charity bin today.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
I dumped TONS of Christmas stuff and boxes and boxes of lights.. DH took them up to Goodwill.. he also took my beloved Christmas Tree.. I LOVE this tree.. I looked for years for this perfect gorgeous tree.. it was huge.. a blue Spruce Artificial tree.. absolutely gorgeous... with a matching garland.. I spent a fortune on it.. over 15 years ago.. but it has just been too much the last couple years.. 1 limb at a time and still have to put on the lights.. and it took up 1/4 of the HUGE living room.. so it went to Goodwill.. I know that with us downsizing.. I will never ever have room for it anyway.. so it was for the best.. I still have 2 prelit trees and they are very pretty.. but nothing like that one.. I hope it gets a good home..
So.. I moved out a pick up truck full of stuff.. it felt good.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Dakotasmamaw..... You are the BEST inspiration! You have given beautiful things.... "To the universe". Every philosopher says that you will be blessed for this act of generosity! PLUS...... you remind us how wonderful it really is..... to give wonderful gifts to the universe! AND...... you did all of this EARLY ENOUGH in the week......... to serve as a wonderful inspiration for our MHH Family!!!

In my own home, dh has also served as a wonderful inspiration! True.... he has his own "special space".... his office. NOBODY touches anything in there....... (that is the place where dh earns money.) However.... he has decided to start a BIG, very long project...... and he cleared the space for the project. And.... clearing and cleaning created a beautiful, serene space. GOOD example for all of us.....

AND..... here comes Move It Out Monday! Of course.... it doesn't have to be done on Monday (if that doesn't work for you). It is just a way of focusing our attention each week!

I am going to do my Very Best... tomorrow! We have really inspirational examples.... to help us to... Move It Out!!!!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am going thru some papers today. Will have a bag of trash. I have some cards for good will. My sister had a ton of Christmas that she had gotten at Dollar General. The mamager gave her like a case of them for $2 well into the new year a couple years ago and she put the ones in my car that didn't sell and I use some this year but will never use them all. Got some out for crafts. I have some magazines to go thru for recycling. It is on Wed. a.m.'s at Nashville so I hope to get thru some more and then leave early on Wed. and take them. I have a few 2 liter soda bottles that I might as well take and will have a gallon milk jug empty by then. Slowly but surely. Gotta get Allen after papers. Will be getting tax papers out too and more junk to burn.

This week is to be really cold so might just stack stuff in my tub to take to Goodwill at a later time.

We are making progress ladies.

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Becky, I feel the same way about my big tree downstairs. The thing is branch by branch and beautiful, but it wears me out. I almost got rid of it this year, but I left off the bottom portion and that helped a bit. But I think sometime in the future I'll replace it, but it's hard to find a tree as full as this one.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
One pair of boots out the door.

ETA: a bunch of sears catalogs with date finished.

Last edited:

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
What are you all doing with Christmas items that you no longer want? Thrift store/donation/garage sale? I have a few things (not much really as I purged tons before I moved out here last year), and I thought 'garage sale', but that means storing it til I'm ready...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Christmaslvr, I am not game to keep anything for later. I have a real bug about decluttering at the moment and everything is going out the door. I don't want to store it for later and run the risk of thinking about bringing it back into the house. Everything is going to goodwill.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I worked some on the basement Sunday evening so I have one bag of stuff that is moving it out today...all bagged and ready.

I actually hope to get another bag of stuff ready this evening and get TWO bags out of the house this Move It Out!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I didn't do anything last week. Today though i'm going to start going through my huge magazine pile, pulling out pages I want and tossing the magazine into the recycle pile. I may also go through Eli's clothes and toys and closet. I still have a half full box sitting on my laundry porch that needs to go so i'll just add to that.

Our old tree's stand broke so I got another one this year. I don't know if I should Goodwill it or trash it. It won't stand up and there's no way to fix the built in stand but maybe someone could cut it off and use a regular tree stand? I don't know.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Well I am a little behind. The only thing I managed to throw out today was the trash. I am still working on my bedroom closets. I found a shoe rack which holds 50 pairs of shoes in the Lakeside catalog. I will order two plus they take up way less space than all those boxes I currently have all over the floor.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I took one big bag of clothes and some books since the Vets are coming by today for donations and another trash bag of the boys clothes to the neighbor to see if she can use any for her kids.

Jessica-I would prob. trash it. usually donations don't want stuff that is broken and need some fixing.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Piatesmama.... I would trash it too! MrsSoup.... I know you are good at getting things OTD! I've got to get better at it!

Dh's office looks SO GOOD! We both go in to just look at it! And... he said it feels terrific to work in there now! So... that will be my "inspiration" for Move It Out Monday!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I got a headstart last night and took out 3 (kitchen size) bags of clothes out of my closet while I was watching tv. I did my drawers Saturday night too. I broke down and bought me some new under clothes and jammies, so I was able to toss alot of old stuff. That always feels nice!