Move It Out Monday - February 7, 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Move It Out Monday..... is an MHH Invention that can help us a lot!!!! Today.... we try to get "stuff".... Out The Door!

Will you be able to participate today? (If necessary.... another day can be substituted for Monday).

My goal, today, is to get rid of a big black trash bag full of junk!!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have recycling items in the kitchen that I need to put with the ones outside but it won't get done until tom. night and I will drop the stuff off on Wed. a.m. around 7 or shortly after. Permitting weather allows it.

Other items such as boxes I have stacked in front room the guys should take them out tonight.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
After a week of snow days...I'm home today because my husband broke his ankle, had surgery and now can't walk on it for 6-8 weeks....yikes....the rest of the week I will work half days....anyway....

Bright and early this morning...I am up going through my top desk drawer....how does it accumulate so much stuff....SO I will definitely be "moving out" some trash from there. Also working on desk top...feel a real need to get better organized! Probably because I know all the medical paperwork will be rolling in...ugh.

Not sure what else will get decluttered today but will also be "moving out" some other things I'm sure...so will post again later after I get some stuff....OUT

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
DS11 got a new desk and his old desk (my old makeup dresser/desk) went into the others boys room. The 2 small drawers are full of pens and pencils. I dumped them into a tub and am going through them today to see what's good and what's not.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Threw away a ton of magazines yesterday and I have a big bag to bring to the office too. I still have more things to throw out... lots of pens & pencils to go through too! I'll give a box of coloring pencils to Dniece.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Gingerbug..... Oh No! Your poor husband! (AND.... POOR YOU! This is hard on BOTH of you!) So... what kind of surgery did your husband have on his ankle? And... how long was he in the hospital... and did he go to rehab? Also.... how come he can't walk on it for so long? It sounds like a REALLY bad break! I am very sympathetic to you both!!!

I was in a TERRIBLE mood this morning.. from Cabin Fever. Dh took me out to Starbucks... and that helped!!!! NOW.... I am going to do 15 minutes in the kitchen.... before I start doing a modified "Whole House Blessing". I REALLY want some stuff to get OTD!!!!!!!!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I got rid of 2 bags of recycling this morning.

I have a pile organised for goodwill (mainly towels that are still very good but don't match our decor anymore) but I won't get to move those until at least the weekend. At least they are organised for when I will get a chance to go to the store!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Winged One.... our Thrift Store does not accept donations on Mondays and Tuesdays. MAYBE I can get some bags of stuff together.... and plan a trip on Wednesday. (Weather permitting, of course!)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I went through the pile of pens and tossed 3/4 of them so that's nice to be out of the house. I have 2 dishes that are just random pieces I decided to not keep. That's it for now. I will try to get more out as I go.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Ready to spend my hour in the bathroom cabinets today after school. My students are busy taking a test all hour. They are not happy about it but it gave me some time to be on here. Took a large bag last week to goodwill.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Moved out 3 games + 2 puzzles + a few odds & ends from DS's closet. He has to clear up his papers when he gets home.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This morning, I was in a really bad mood! Things improved...... and I have been buzzing around the house... doing some picking up/cleaning/organizing... in each room. Bit by bit.... things look better and better.

I'm resting a bit now. Then.... I'll get the trash and the recyclables out of the house. AND I'll get some stuff into the trunk of the car.

I would LIKE to have some sort of "reenergizing break".... that would give me energy to continue on with the decluttering/house blessing. NOW... I really appreciate how gardening gives me that sort of "reenergizing break"... going outside, working in nature for a while. I won't be able to do gardening for a while.... not until that 2-1/2 to 3 months (after surgery) has passed. Luckily.... winter is not an IDEAL time for gardening here.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Yesterday DH and I brought 2 cases of Ensure and 2 cases of vitamin water to FIL and gave comforter and throw pillow to DS who was out for the super bowl.

Today DH and I shipped out one 32" TV, a book and two knitted baby blankets. I also returned a case of Easy Mac to BJ's!

For tomorrow I have a bag of clothes to be brought to the drop off box and a stack of magazines to go through ( I usually save those for the Sunday recycling.

Not a bad start for the week.

Debbie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Please remember...... YOUR own personal "Move It Out Monday"..... can be any day of the week. It is just a "helpful tool" for us...... to remind us of our ongoing goal.... of getting things Out The Door (OTD)!!!!!

I am enlarging my "goal" for this week! Since I am STILL at home SO MUCH.... (ggggrrrrrrr!), I am going to try to get ONE big black trash bag (full of clutter) Out The Door.... EVERY day this week! MAYBE I will be able to look back at this week as a really, really productive "decluttering" time of 2011!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I have been sick for almost 3 weeks with no motivation! I think I also have the winter blues with all the cloudy skies we have had for weeks. Today I am motivating myself to clean my house and catch up on my laundry. Being on this forum has kick started me this morning, hope I can keep up the energy for the day, get to stay home all day so that is a plus!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Farmermom4........ oh no! Three weeks of illness, gray February skies, YIKES! SO MANY of us have been sidelined from our beautiful plans this year..... you have a great big bunch of buddies with you!

Why is it that I can se that YOU, Farmersmom4, should have patience as you work to get things back in order..... and yet.... I have NO PATIENCE for myself!!!!!

We BOTH deserve patience!!! We ALL deserve patience!!!!!

What do you think of the idea of giving ourselves the WHOLE month of February.... to get things back to normal????

What does you other people think?

PS... I hav missed you, Farmermom4!!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yeah!

Why is it that I can se that YOU, Farmersmom4, should have patience as you work to get things back in order..... and yet.... I have NO PATIENCE for myself!!!!!

We BOTH deserve patience!!! We ALL deserve patience!!!!!

What do you think of the idea of giving ourselves the WHOLE month of February.... to get things back to normal????

What does you other people think?

LOL
Yeah, I can tell others to just have patience and let things slide if you are sick or life happens ... but I don't have the patience when it comes to my turn!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have slowed down a bit on the decluttering. It has been so hot here and with work I just have not been motivated. I want to get into my bathroom vanity today and tidy it up. I also want to get a few little storage baskets when I go to K Mart tomorrow to help tidy up the pantry.
When things are organised I find it easier to keep them tidy.

Maybe today I will move some stuff out.