Need Halloween ideas for college student

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tracya

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
My niece recently went away to a college five hours away from home. Her mom told me she likes to get mail and packages so I thought about sending her a Halloween card and some small items related to the holiday. What would be some good things to send her that wouldn't be too childish?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
A bottle of sparkling apple cider, a box of microwave popcorn, a few plastic glasses, package of Halloween napkins and sprinkle with some wax lips and candy. All packed inside a plastic pumpkin.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
You could throw in a few cheap decorations she could use to decorate her dorm room. Also some candy.

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
My husbands cousin was in college last year, every holiday we sent her something, decorations for her dorm room, and some little thing like candy and a mug, or something cute. We used the year before's clearence, it was cheaper, and she just like getting the packages!

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Twinkly lights, floral garland, little pumpkins or trinkets to put on her desk/shelf, candy/cookies (bonus if you include extra for her room/suite/housemate(s)), a pillow/case or throw/blanket for her bed, a festive T-shirt or tote, money for her to splurge on a spooky film, pizza place, or local décor store...

Honestly, she'll probably be too grateful that she received a package at all or too distracted by school to be picky about the specifics. And if she's anything like the majority of college kids I've known (and recently was), childish isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's nice to be babied once in a while, especially on holidays when even the toughest might feel a little family/homesick. Even those who seem intellectually mature may have a great deal of emotional maturity to go. And who doesn't savor or yearn for their days of youth once in a while? Major brownie points for you, auntie. ;-)

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I think anything you send will be so appreciated and loved. Who doesn't love a surprise gift of any kind. What a great aunt you are. :jack:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
They make nail polish kits and nail decals for Halloween. I used to buy them when I was that age.

You can also get cheap Halloween earrings, chokers, etc. at a place like Claire's. Not the really kiddy ones, but some of them are actually pretty nice.

Anything edible is always a hit with college kids.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Candy!
An artificial lighted pumpkin is nice for the dorm room too. :jack: