New Christmas/Holiday novels

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Just saw this in a magazine. I think they are all new and a little more romancey maybe?

Big Sky Winter by Diana Palmer

A McKettrick Christmas by Linda Lael Miller

A Cedar Cove Christmas by Debbie Macomber

A Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr

A Bride by Christmas by multiple authors?

Might be worth a look to see if your library has them!

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Thanks for sharing. I'm on my way to the library today to see what holiday novels I can find. Hopefully they will have some of these.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
TFS - I have added to my library list for Wednesday! :flower:

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I bought A Cedar Cove Christmas but it hasnt came yet. Im hoping its good.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Those sound interesting. We purchased a couple of christmas novels last weekend at Walmart. They are:

Snowbound in Dry Creek by Janet Tronstad-each night last weekend my daughter read to my granddaughter from this book. It's a good christmassy novel I'd recommend it.

Searching for Santa by Janet Dailey-haven't read this one yet but it sounds good.

grammea

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2008
I keep all my CHRISTmas novels and re-read them from year to year.
It's one of my favorite things to do.
I bought Cedar Cove CHRISTmas as I love Debbie Macomber books anyway.
It is supposed to be a sort of re-telling in modern times of the CHRISTmas story.I can't wait to read it ,but the setting has to be just right.
I want to read it at night when there is a bit of chill in the air, it is quite around here (mostly during the week as I am alone then) and I have to have a large mug of white chocolate cocoa by my side in my special cup.
Hope this doesn't seem silly to you all!!!
I will be looking for all the books you've mentioned as well.I love to read about CHRISTmas!!
Hugs and God bless,
Helen(grammea)

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I swoon at the sound of hot cocoa and Christmas books. My DD is an avid reader but little DS is just learning to read and is only now catching on to how many places he can go in the world of books. I've gone out of my way to find wonderful stories to read to him every night and they are good ones. But only in the past year has he been begging for stories each night. Before he wouldn't even notice if I missed reading him a bedtime story. Can you believe that? What kind of kid skips bedtime stories? But now I think I have him hooked!

Anyhow -- I think I'll get them a nice set of cocoa mugs and some new Christmas books at the same time we take out the Advent Calendar. An early Christmas present. I can picture us all cuddled up in front of the fire with the television OFF!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have the new Debbie Macomber book for Christmas. I love reading Christmas themed books...especially children's books. :0)

MamaCat

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
Last year was the first year I had even noticed Christmas themed books! I mean for us adults. I had always bought my dd one (or more) Christmas books when she was small, but never paid any attention I guess, to the fact that there are a lot of good books out there for momma! LOL! Anyway, last year I picked up alot at my local Half Price Books store. I was in there a few weeks ago & noticed they have a lot out again this year! I started reading Christmas books last week. I read a new one, "An Amish Christmas", which was very good. If you enjoy reading the Amish fiction books, you'll love this one! Now I'm reading "Simply Christmas". It's four novellas, I'm still in the first one. I sure wish I would have "discovered" all the good Christmas reading long ago!!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
This year I will read "On Strike for Christmas" (I know we already had this last year, but nevertheless...)

for all the other books I will have a look into my library - maybe they have one or the other

Chilli

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
TFS....I checked out McKettrick Christmas yesterday but started a non-Christmas book first :-/ BUT McK is the next to be read. I'm looking forward to D. Macomber's, too. If my local library doesn't have it yet, I'll check @ the County Seat next week. I go there at least once a week for groceries so easy to drop by for books. (maybe 5 miles). I can read Christmas stories any month of the year! Happy reading, all!

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
I've read McKettrick Christmas since the last post. It's a "must read"!!! I had to make my hand release the book so I could get some sleep....but I didn't wantta :-0 Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
Any mystery fans? Joanna Fluke has a new one out "The Plum Pudding Murder".

November 2011: "A Lone Star Christmas"

Three reasons I'll like this one; It's a Western. It's by William W. & J.A. Johnstone. It's about CHRISTMAS!

A Lone Star Christmas – William W. Johnstone with J.A. Johnstone will be available in November 2011

From the webpage and Newsletter:

We are excited to be releasing our first ever Christmas Western for this coming Holiday Season. The very cool thing about this western title is that the Johnstones are putting several favorite characters together...Smoke Jensen, Matt Jensen, Falcon and Duff Maccallister. Together For The First Time!

Read the First Chapter

Synopsis:

They just wanted to get home for Christmas...but fate had other plans. It's December 1890. A Texas rancher named Big Jim Conyers has a deal with Scottish-born, Wyoming cattleman named Duff MacAllister. Along with Smoke and Matt Jensen, the party bears down on Dodge, Kansas, to make a cattle drive back to Forth Worth. But before they can get out of Dodge, guns go off and a rich man's son is killed.

Soon the drive turns into a deadly pursuit, then a staggering series of clashes with bloodthirsty Indians and trigger-happy rustlers. And the worst is yet to come-the party rides into a devastating blizzard, a storm so fierce that their very survival is at stake.

From America's greatest Western author, here is an epic tale of the unforgiving American frontier and how, amidst fierce storms of man and nature, miracles can still happen.

From Amazon:

It's December 1890. A Texas rancher named Big Jim Conyers has a deal with Scottish-born, Wyoming cattleman named Duff MacAllister. Along with Smoke and Matt Jensen, the party bears down on Dodge, Kansas, to make a cattle drive back to Forth Worth. But before they can get out of Dodge, guns go off and a rich man's son is killed. Soon the drive turns into a deadly pursuit, then a staggering series of clashes with bloodthirsty Indians and trigger-happy rustlers. And the worst is yet to come - the party rides into a devastating blizzard, a storm so fierce that their very survival is at stake. From America's greatest Western author, here is an epic tale of the unforgiving American frontier and how, amidst fierce storms of man and nature, miracles can still happen.

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh No, more books to read. lol