Notebook Workshop Week #3

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Week of June 13-19: Stocking Stuffer Lists and Gift Lists (update or organize these) Maybe even finish up stocking stuffers.

So here's your chance to get ready for July: Finish Your Stocking Stuffers Month.....get those lists updated in your notebook.

I tend to keep my list in my notebook and also jotted in a small spiral notebook in my purse....that way I can take a quick peek at what I still need when I'm out shopping and it also prevents me from buying 1--12 chap sticks when I've already picked some up...LOL

So this Notebook Week:

1. Update Stocking stuffers list (maybe get s purse notebook started)

2. Update other gift lists (take inventory in the closet and see whats lurking there)

3. If you are doing elf gifts, 24 day gifts or St. Nicholas baskets (boots) get those gift lists in order also!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yes Ma'am! It's a great idea to try and get most stocking stuffers & elf gifts at this time. I too keep a list in my purse (learned about doing that at this great website I go to... called MHH) and jot down as I go & as I buy. I'm pretty up to date on my closet list (I think but I'll check just to be sure).

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Great thing for the week. Since I was concentrating on getting some more gifts last week I have them in my purse notebook but need to do some transfering into my Christmas notebook.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
YAY! It's week three already!

I did quite well with the challenges last week. I think I'll be able to do my stocking stuffer and elf gift lists this week. Will set a budget for the main gifts, but won't actually select their presents until closer to December. It's just too easy to find something a person will like, only to find they have bought it themselves before Christmas... Can be tricky!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I also did well in last week's assignments. I'm glad the stocking stuffer challenge lasts for more than a week because I'm still working on them. I went shopping on Sat. and picked up a few things but I'm not finished. Bath and Bodyworks is having their semi-annual sale so I'll be stopping in there for a few things. When I'm finished with the stockings I'll feel like I've really done something.

Mackiesmudder

Premiere Member
May 21, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ
Still trying to find my way around, especially all the Elf things. Just so I can jumpstart before I know for sure what I am doing, LOL, what types of things do you do for elf gifts? In Dec, my grandson will be almost 4 and my grandaughter will be 2 and 1/2. Sorry to ask so many questions, thank-you!

Cathie

:merrychristmas:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Those are PERFECT ages for the Elf stuff....my grandson Evan was three last year and he LOVED the elf...

We made a little mailbox for the elf...and sometimes the elf would leave Evan notes or little gifts....simple things...like a Christmas Pencil or little ornament. We try to do one DVD...a new holiday one! Then he watches it with the elf.

You can also do experience gifts...like have the elf leave a recipe for cookies and the ingredients to make them, materials for a Christmas craft ...or an invitation to go look at Christmas lights...and of course the elf goes too.

You can check on the Magic Elves blog for more ideas...and pictures of some things people have done.

http://magicalholidayhome.com/elves/

:merrychristmas:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I'm struggling with my Gift lists this year. My older son will be 5 in August and his "interests" seem to change from week to week. I have a feeling I'm going to be toy shopping in December this year - ugh! DH is impossible to buy for. He's one of those guys that will see something he wants 3 weeks before Christmas and BUY it! Grrr!

I have tons of stocking stuffers...all jumbled together in one big tote. I really need to separate them by person but I have no where to store them neatly. If I buy one more "tub" DH will revolt! Our basement is already a plastic factory! ;)

We're going on vacation starting this Friday, so I'll be on the lookout for cute &/or unique small gifts.

As for the Elf list...we never got to this last year, but I'm going to wait until August to put my list together!
Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas!

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Colleen in PA, I always had this problem, and finally made my space work for me. Took a sack or small trash bag for each stocking and put the stuffers in it, then put the sack back in the tote. Same space, but all sorted and ready to go, wether wrapped or not, it is sorted.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Wow, this is a bigger task than I thought it would be!

My gift list and budget is done. I haven't decided what everyone's gifts will be yet, as it is too early and there's a very good chance that people will already have what I choose before Christmas!

So, I'll gradually put away the money for each persons gift and that way I can shop with cash once I know what to get them.

As for Elf gifts, that's the area I'm having more trouble with. I haven't done this before so will have a look at the the Magic Elves page for ideas. Whatever the elves bring, it won't be anything too expensive as I want to continue this for years to come.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh, and stocking stuffer lists are just about done as well :)

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Gingerbug, what do you do for St. Nicholas Day? You mentioned a basket (boots)...tell us more! So far I've just gotten a bit of candy and put it in the kids' shoes and set them by the Christmas tree, but I'd love to do more!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This will be my first St. Nicholas Day. For the past four years I have done the 24 days of Christmas gifts and it just got to be too much...too much little junk to buy, too much wrapping, too much being organized and storing the stuff etc etc....So I decided to cut down on buying so much smallish stuff....BUT there are good things I just can't resist....hence St Nick's Day....

I was thinking gift baskets that were filled with some candy and all those small items I pick up at dollar spots etc but without the pressure of having 24 of them and wrapping them etc. PLUS they will get them early enough in the holiday season to enjoy them THIS year...

Now these are for my two grown daughters plus Evan (will be 4) so they are different than ones just for kids might be. I have done holiday recipe cards, notepads, little ornaments, holiday lotion, chap sticks, socks etc...Not sure what I will use this year because have been busy finishing stocking stuff...lol

Someone over at Merry forums suggested I use boots because thats what they do over there...I forgot the country she's from. Anyway...I'm on the look out for some of those Santa boots...that people use on tables and such...they are red with white tirm...I know I've seen them but now can't seem to find them....maybe ebay?

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Great idea, Ginger! Thanks for sharing. You're so creative and I've learned so much from you over the years.

Flower Girl

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
This year I am really trying to think of ways to spread the magic throughout the entire season, so I am doing St. Nick, Day this year, too.

I hate to use too many of my stuffer items, so I was thinking this would be the day everyone gets a new pair of Christmas socks.....nothing elaborate, just a little tradiiton. You can pick them up so cheaply after the holidays! If you do a Secret Santa, or Elves, this would be a goood gift for the day, too, I htink.

I was thinking at first of stuffing the socks with nail polish, clippers, little mini lotions in Christams scents, shoelaces and charms etc....but I didn't want to turn it into St Foot Care Day, either! But those are some ideas I've been playing with....

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Janglebelle...funny...footcare day...lol

You know I was thinking this would be a good time to use some of my gift in a jar things I am thinking about this year....

Hot chocolate mixes
Sugar Scrubs
Vanilla Milk Bath

I'm sure there's even recipes for a good foot soak...lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ah a foot-day to relax after the season!! :) That's a great idea!

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
Where is My Post?

Gingerbug, I just finished typing an article for Notebook Workshop Week 1 and I don't know what happened to my Post. I just finished typing for the past 20 mins. & it's gone. Where is it.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hmmm.....I have no idea...any one else have this glitch?