November 2021 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am with you Lana. Not sure what the month ahead will bring but I am hoping it is a good one.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not sure either November is hit or miss, depends what comes up. I will try to get more out of the house before Christmas.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have 4 bags of goodies to go to the Vietnam Vets tomorrow!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I reorganized DD29's old room closet ... decluttered totes, bags, and camp chairs. (It's now our suitcase, camp chair, seasonal decor closet)

I reorganized my yarn closet and desk .... recycled papers and boxes ... and put items in the donate box. Since I emptied bins from DD's old closet, I was then able to put my crochet in those in my yarn closet and label them and organize. It looks and feels so nice.

I reorganized and sweep the laundry room's shoe shelf and tossed an old old old old pair of tennis shoes and put two nice tennis shoes into donate box. My friend has handed down her teen now adult son's shoes for my son and if he can't/won't wear them ... well, I pass them on. Shoes and socks have to "feel" just right or it's a no go. My DH saves the coupons and such from the junk mail and tosses it all over the shelf (well, he tries to put it in a section but it gets out of hand lol ... they were exp 6-2021, 7-2021 ... those got recycled!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Kitchen cupboards yesterday. An old bowl, cup and saucer, pineapple peeler and some old teatowels are in the donate pile.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cleared off kitchen table, picked up some in front room and got some trash out of my room so got another bag of trash . Got several Amazon items today so by the time you combine all their packaging and seperate boxes they ship in!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sack of trash from my room. A sweater from when I was first married--letting go and old winter coat. Also some gingerbread stuffed people my mom gave me that I will see if my sister wants or mom wants back and if not they will go to Goodwill stack. (think 7 to 8 of them)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am doing the kitchen cupboards. So far have pitched 3 old pizza pans, 3 cake pans and a very large baking tray and that is just the first cupboard!!! Hoping to get rid of quite a bit more.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DD29's friend came over to pick up four medium size boxes of her stuff and drive them to VT. So, sadly ... her closet here is now cleaned out of the last of her stuff. Bitter sweet, eh?!

Then, the two of them will be driving back to FL next week! I can't wait! DD was home last June 2020. Then DH went up July 2020 with her boyfriend and a UHaul.

Reactions: luludou and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Husband reorganized and cleaned his office this morning. We had pull everything out of there except the large pieces of furniture to get the carpet cleaned. Shredded a pile of papers, a big stack of magazines and some other odds and ends went in the trash or donation pile.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The decluttering of the kitchen was a success. DH and I talked about a few things and I could see that he was a little hesitent. In the end I tossed 3 old plastic camping mugs (we have brand new metal ones), a huge roasting pan that we will never use, some plastic lids with no bottoms and some bottoms with no lids, some old wash cloths and another large baking tray.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Not sure what all I will accomplish in November. I want to do a declutter of the bottom cabinets in the kitchen. I rearranged some things in top cabinets in the kitchen last week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got another 3/4 sack of trash today and more items for the Goodwill bag. (such as table runners, scarf, Christmas stocking, small wreath, book, little deer, brand new underwear-wrong size)

Not sure I am really progressing much in room. Cleaning out old papers and putting items into boxes so getting alot of paper out, putting craft supplies together and other stuff goes onto my bed and then back off for the night. I can see under the one desk now!

Found a couple of presents forgot I had.

Sister is taking the gingerbread people so will put them into my car so either I will drop off or she will get out of the car.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The large baking tray that I was getting rid of is now in DH shed. We will see if it gets used or not. I knew he was hesitant!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
A sack got dropped at Goodwill. Few more items started for another one.

Had another sack of trash for this a.m.. Just worked on desk alittle and see some wood on the top. Another trash bag started. Off to bed now.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I cleaned out the freezers and refrigerator. I bag of old freezer burned food went into the trash and lots of almost empty out of date bottles/jars got cleaned and recycled.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen going through some papers too, got another sack of trash out today. Aunt Imogene kept alot of paper stuff but some of it is no good to any of us (don't know them) so I am pitching it. Makes me letting go of stuff easier after having to do her house. Hers is the first that I have had to do. I helped with a grandmas (step) house but I was doing what I was told then.

Reactions: jampss and luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yesterday and this morning - 1 big garbage bag gone to the thrift store.
  • 1 Christmas light-up cushion cover
  • 2 big Christmas decor items (charolers and snowmen with tree, music and lightup)
  • 1 3 foot Christmas tree
  • 9 small Christmas ornaments
  • 1 candy glass bowl
  • 1 handmade (by me) Christmas figure - old!
  • 1 tin can
  • 2 clip-on cluster candle light ornaments
  • Ribbons
  • Christmas berry twig
  • 4 Christmas window clings
  • 1 small carpet
  • 10 aluminium pie plates
  • 1 comforter bag

Reactions: Lana and jampss